Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pay credit card bill online

Options
  • 01-01-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering, I've never payed a credit card bill online before and am doing it now for the first time. How do I go about doing this? I assume I go onto "Transfers & Payments"..after that, am I transferring the Debit from my credit card into my Current Account by selecting "Transfer Money Between my own AIB Accounts", or am I selecting "I want to pay a bill".

When I go onto "Pay a Bill" I click "from - Current Account", yes? and then where it says "Bill Type", I can either select "A New Bill", or "A New Credit Card"...Does this mean I have to enter my credit card details again, even though all of its info is already on my account.

In short:
    Quick guide to paying my credit card bill online.

Thanks for your help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

What do you mean "info is already on my account"?

Are you saying that its an AIB credit card and you can view the transactions and statements, or do you mean that it has already been added as a "bill". If the latter, then all you need to do is transfer the money into it. If it's the former, then you need to add it as a bill, so yes, choose "A New Credit Card", enter the info, and then it will be added to the drop-down of available bills for future use (ie, you only need do this once).

If you get stuck, you can ring the telephone banking, speak to an operator, and they can do it for you. However, if memory serves me correctly, if an operator sets up a payee/bill, then you have to go via the telephone banking anytime you want to change/delete that bill.

On a side note, any payments you make into your credit card will appear on the card overnight (of a business day).

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Might need a code card, usually it's under the bill pay section, if your stuck call internet banking and they will guide you through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

got it sorted lads. Yeah, I have a code card anyway & did need it

Advertisement