Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballers and the dreaded social networking.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

flahavaj wrote: »
    If I was a manager I'd ban all my players from twitter and the like. They obviously haven't the brains to use them without bringing their clubs into disrepute. Babbel like, what was he thinking, and Johnsen yesterday as well.

Football fans are invariably biased one-eyed cnuts. We often forget footballers are fans too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This is a twitter war from just before the Spurs V Inter match at the Lane
    Inter Milan's Sneijder kicked off the microblogging banter with his fellow Dutchman with a reference to the Italian club's 4-3 win over Spurs in Milan last month, tweeting: 'I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt.'

Tottenham's van der Vaart, who missed the first match through suspension, countered: 'Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet.'

His pal Sneijder then hit him with: 'We're gonna give you a football lesson in London,' to which

Van der Vaart retorted: 'I met your defence in Milan, it didn't look good. It was like cheese with holes in it.'

Sneijder came back with a nudge towards Inter's four goals in the clubs' first match, quipping: 'I found a good goalkeeper on eBay. Shall I send you the link?'

Van der Vaart replied: 'We don't need him, you won't come into our penalty area!'

Sneijder also got in a pop at English football, claiming it all comes down to power and athleticism rather than skill and technique: 'In that country football is a game where you have to run as hard as you can from the one end of the pitch to the other, isn't it?'
    He followed with another dig, this time at van der Vaart's goal from a few inches out against Everton: 'Nice goal, but even my six-year-old cousin would have scored this one.'

Good friends and Dutch international team-mates van der Vaart and Sneijder started their careers together at Amsterdam's Ajax.
    I thought this was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

flahavaj wrote: »
    If I was a manager I'd ban all my players from twitter and the like. They obviously haven't the brains to use them without bringing their clubs into disrepute. Babbel like, what was he thinking, and Johnsen yesterday as well.

The FA should bring in a blanket ban on all players using social networking sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This is a twitter war from just before the Spurs V Inter match at the Lane

I thought this was brilliant

That was great. Would love to see more of that, good natured banter between players.

Advertisement