Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Envy New Years Eve?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened? It is cordoned off now with a Guard manning the entrance. They have those little yellow cone markers out on the road with circles round them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Anyone know what happened? It is cordoned off now with a Guard manning the entrance. They have those little yellow cone markers out on the road with circles round them.

http://www.oceanfm.ie/article/Assault-in-Sligo-Town/

Terrible start to new year for the guys invovled and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A transfer to the Beaumont is not good, the lad has obviously suffered serious head injuries/injury then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

God help him. How awful. Best wishes for his recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You don't happen to work for the weekender do you? They were posting on facebook asking people to let them know what happened there so they could report it.

New era of Journalism eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

New era of Journalism eh?

Jaysus it must be, it's probably called the...."We'll do their work for them, while they get paid for them for it." style of reporting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I hear it was some fella from Riverstown

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

My OH was talking to a guard earlier and he had heard that the guy in Beaumont is doing much better, so hopefully he'll make a decent recovery...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Oh I hope so. Similar happened to my brother outside a club years ago, he had a terrible head injury but, despite the odds, recovered fully.

Best wishes to him, and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

How did this happen then?
    Did someone pushed him or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Janine87 wrote: »
    How did this happen then?
    Did someone pushed him or something?
    in the two line report from ocean it says he received an injury i.e beating up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The lad was 19 and from Ballygawley, not gonna mention his name but I know his older sister and I know of him.

He was head butted outside Pure when a girl told one fella to head butt him because she didn't want him talking to her, something along those lines. As far as I know the fella who head butted him was from Rathcormac and handed himself in, I've not heard anything else regards what happened to him though.

The lad with the injuries underwent surgery in Beaumont when transferred and I heard he was still serious but signs of recovery were looking good, although maybe not a full recovery to how he was but not far off.

Hope everything continues to improve for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

bobcar61 wrote: »
    The lad was 19 and from Ballygawley, not gonna mention his name but I know his older sister and I know of him.

He was head butted outside Pure when a girl told one fella to head butt him because she didn't want him talking to her, something along those lines. As far as I know the fella who head butted him was from Rathcormac and handed himself in, I've not heard anything else regards what happened to him though.

The lad with the injuries underwent surgery in Beaumont when transferred and I heard he was still serious but signs of recovery were looking good, although maybe not a full recovery to how he was but not far off.

Hope everything continues to improve for him though.

I heard different bobcar.
    One of my friends had to give a statement. I heard off a different fella there that the lad who is in hospital had started inside. Both got kicked out by a bouncer who told them to 'finish it outside',and he got hit once and fell where he banged his head.Of course it could be different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Yeah there was a fight with 2 guys inside.

Turns out I previously tried to break the fight up inside. Then the lads got thrown out and they nearly even threw me out in the process just for trying to stop it. Anyhow.. They then took it outside and one of them got there head bounced off a curb apparently.

Sorry for the late reply though. Just seen this topic today Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Chatting to someone who works there who said they were separated and walked out through different parts of the club and were very relaxed. By chance, both arrived at the front within seconds of each other, the second bouncer not knowing the first lad had just gone out. Incident occured with no warning or buildup outside. I believe the poor young fella is revoving well at home since.
    TomJoe, unfortunately the wrong people get fired out of clubs everywhere all the time. By the time security arrives it's usually a mess and anyone grappling, pulling or in proximity can often be seen as the aggressor at first. Nature of the job is to split it up quickly and diffuse so they grab whoever they can to calm it down.
    Tbh I have a good few friends who do or did work as security and it's a thankless job. Abuse, assaults and working late at night when everyone else is having a ball. Then getting blamed for being violent when they're just trying to do their job and not get injured in the process. The law does nothing to protect them and seems to give them a harder time than a thug on the street in the courts. Far from the protection a Garda uniform offers, a security uniform marks you out as a target. And they're all only there to make a living. There's very few bouncers who ever look for a fight. Who'd risk a broken jaw, loss of earnings etc.? Tough job sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

I know the guy this happened to....hes been left deaf in one ear but apart from that hes fine so quite lucky as it could have been very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I work with his brother and didn't hear about the deafness. Hmmmm

Slidey wrote: »
    I work with his brother and didn't hear about the deafness. Hmmmm

I'm hardly making it up......not much of a claim to fame lol!! why dont you ask his brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Sophia91 wrote: »
    I'm hardly making it up......not much of a claim to fame lol!! why dont you ask his brother?

:o

I actually have to hold up my hands here. I did ask him and he confirmed that he has lost the hearing in one ear.

Sorry 'bout that!

Slidey wrote: »
    :o

I actually have to hold up my hands here. I did ask him and he confirmed that he has lost the hearing in one ear.

Sorry 'bout that!

Its grand lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Red Rev

I heard it all stemmed from an incident between the injured lad and a girl he went to college with.
    After the alleged incident happened she dropped out of college, dont know how much of this is true or not obviously and I cant say what happened on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thread is starting to turn to rumor and hear say, out of respect to the injuried party and them associated with him I think its time this was closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement