Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PNY GTX 460 OC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ah ok!

Yeah, I get that in 3dMark11 - 1280x720 in the middle of my screen, black border all around.

I play every game at native res anyway, so shouldn't really matter. There may be a setting on your monitor to ensure even non native resolutions get stretched across the entire screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Ah ok!

Yeah, I get that in 3dMark11 - 1280x720 in the middle of my screen, black border all around.

I play every game at native res anyway, so shouldn't really matter. There may be a setting on your monitor to ensure even non native resolutions get stretched across the entire screen.

I'm quite sure I don't have that option but I'll double check again.
    Thanks for the advice and for making me buy this card! :D

darconio wrote: »
    I'm quite sure I don't have that option but I'll double check again.
    Thanks for the advice and for making me buy this card! :D

Actually just did a quick search. Seems to be a common issue with 3dmark 11. Nvidia and ATI. So guess its just the software.

No probs, its a difficult card NOT to recommend! I'm building a rig for a friend of mine, Sandy Bridge etc - and guess what? PNY GTX 460 OC :D

Actually just did a quick search. Seems to be a common issue with 3dmark 11. Nvidia and ATI. So guess its just the software.

When you have a chance would you mind trying any game at lower res and report back what is happening for you?

This is the link to the bug report

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=184286&st=0

darconio wrote: »
    When you have a chance would you mind trying any game at lower res and report back what is happening for you?

This is the link to the bug report

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=184286&st=0

I'll give it a go tonight and post back.

That bug report seems toi pertain to the 260.99 drivers though, which I don't use. Using 266.35 at the moment.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go tonight and post back.

That bug report seems toi pertain to the 260.99 drivers though, which I don't use. Using 266.35 at the moment.

Thanks for that!
    Unfortunately according to that bug report 266.35 drivers have exactly the same issue. I didn't try them myself, I might give it a go during the weekend

Lowered mem to 4000Mhz, GPU at 880/1760

Broke 3500 in 3d Mark 11 yay!
    P3531

And Vantage
    P13778

Advertisement