Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Bolton match thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Did it not come off the Bolton defender, therefore not offside?
    Possibly maybe I missed something...

Still I think it was a well deserved 3 points and a decent performance. Really need to kick on from this and put a string of results together. The way the table is at the moment a run of 3 or 4 good results will have us in a very respectable position.

I'm not holding my breath on this though, we haven't been able to achieve any kind of consistency this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Better, but still want Roy gone and if he could take his boys Konchesky and Cole with him all the better.

Thought it was telling that when Cole scored no one celebrated with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Offside or not I couldn't even tell Cole had got a touch after the first two replays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Between Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles there's enough there. A more consistent winger would be a higher priority.

besides Gerrard, if I was a liverpool fan none of them would fill me with confidence

I agree with the wingers alright and they probably got a lad already for that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

The Muppet wrote: »
    It would have to be a deliberate pass from the bolton defender, a deflection doesn't put cole onside.
    It's still the last player touched. I didnt see the incident so I cant add my 0.02c but if he was onside at the original point of contact from Maxi and then was offside as the ball hit a defender then he's onside

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Better, but still want Roy gone and if he could take his boys Konchesky and Cole with him all the better.

Thought it was telling that when Cole scored no one celebrated with him.

Roy will be going no matter what, one win will hardly secure him but its down to NESV getting the right man whos available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Headshot wrote: »
    Lucas isnt good enough to be starting every game

Poulsen isn't great cover alright.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    It's still the last player touched. I didnt see the incident so I cant add my 0.02c but if he was onside at the original point of contact from Maxi and then was offside as the ball hit a defender then he's onside

He's still offside if it's only a deflection off the defender. The defender would have to have control of the ball and pass it to Cole for him to be on side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

100% record this year, can't ask more of a manager than than.:pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    besides Gerrard, if I was a liverpool fan none of them would fill me with confidence

I agree with wingers alright and they probably got a lad already for that position

Meireles doesn't fill you with confidence? He is one of the few bright points this season for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BERBA wrote: »
    i'm hoping the pool pull it outta the fire today , i dont want Woy to leave:D

Thank you Woy , contract extension in the offing me thinks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well done Pool. I'm happy for Woy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If it comes off a defender then your not offside so nothing wrong with the linesman

Looked to me like maxi put it across via a defender which would still make it offside
    Actually just seen it again and it doesn't even come off the defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

An absolute pleasure to watch Gerrard in that kind of form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'm very happy with the 3 points. It won't extend Hodgsons stay but in the last half an hour i saw in my mind what a manager with some attacking and passing fetish could achieve with these players. There was some good stuff despite the manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

About Lucas, the second goal move was started by Lucas. Kyrigakos had the ball, Lucas was maybe 3 yards away but still demanded the ball, looked up and played a lovely lofted ball to Gerrard.

It typified his game recently. He's constantly dropping to collect the ball off the defence and a lot of the play comes through him. He's become the metronome of the team and gets better each month.

I think he's an excellent player with great potential. He's more than good enough for this team. I thought he was my MOM after Gerrard.

The Muppet wrote: »
    He's still offside if it's only a deflection off the defender.

Go read the rules then come back. A touch is still a touch whether its a deflection or a deliberate touch.

I think he's an excellent player with great potential.

I know everyone has the right to an opinion but I honestly think you undermine Liverpool fans who stick up for him with statements like that.

He isn't crap but an excellent player?

Go read the rules then come back. A touch is still a touch whether its a deflection or a deliberate touch.

You go read the rule book, the defender has to be in possession or control of the ball before it goes to cole for him to be on side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

State of Bolton's tactics today. They were very poor. And some people here want Coyle as the next manager. He'd just be another Hodgson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I don't think Maxi touched it myself. Seems to come off the defenders shin on the angles I saw (which is also what the linesman would have seen), which would make it a perfectly legal goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

noodler wrote: »
    I know everyone has the right to an opinion but I honestly think you undermine Liverpool fans who stick up for him with statements like that.

He isn't crap but an excellent player?

I don't mean excellent as in he'll be one of the all time greats, its excellent as in he's a good player, he's progressing very well and he doesn't deserve anywhere near the stick he gets. Its unwarrented and undeserved, fair enough 3 1/1 years ago not now.

You're wrong I'm not even going to explain why you're wrong,you're just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mister men wrote: »
    There was some good stuff despite the manager.

Yet when the players perform poorly, you're the first one to lambast the manager. Hypocritical, no?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You're wrong I'm not even going to explain why you're wrong,you're just wrong
    As usual great argument.

• Advertisement

As usual great argument.

I've had this debate before,I know how it ends

yeah it has been done before and its one of the problems on first phase and second phase. But as i've said I dont have access to the incident so i cant make a call on coles goal till i see it.

yeah it has been done before and its one of the problems on first phase and second phase. But as i've said I dont have access to the incident so i cant make a call on coles goal till i see it.

You shouldn't need to see anything to accept that your interpretation of the offside rule is pure bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Liverpool need young manager one who can be al club for next 20 years,
    some one 40 ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Watching the game with people and didn't really focus on the ins and outs of it too much. Seemed like Gerrard was incredible and we forced the issue in the second half much better than we have been able to recently.

Kuyt was good too. The goal was two years ago all over again. When Meireles is fit, Gerrard should be pushed up behind Torres. Feed them the ball and let them make stuff happen in tandem with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »
    State of Bolton's tactics today. They were very poor. And some people here want Coyle as the next manager. He'd just be another Hodgson.

Bolton were as bad as I've seen them be this season. Food for thought for us in many different ways really. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Ardent wrote: »
    Yet when the players perform poorly, you're the first one to lambast the manager. Hypocritical, no?
    No. Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How did the other Alonso play today?

Advertisement