Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Thanks Rainbow Kirby, Shazkea and Emer!
    Emer911 wrote: »
    Wow, great time, and you weren't even trying?! Nice! :D

Well that might be pushing it a bit! But it does seem that the days I don't go out with a plan are the days I'm relaxed and comfortable and do best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, great going runrabbit, you are on a roll!

Sunday 17/04/2011: Felt surprisingly well today - despite the 2 races. I shortened the run a little though as I was running with someone else - I think this was a sensible move! 3.92miles, 36:14

Monday 18/04/2011: Spinning. Felt very tired for this class

Tuesday 19/04/2011: My Tuesday night runs can often be a struggle but I was pleased with how this one went all things considered. 4.78miles, 45:15

Wednesday 20/04/2011: Rest!

Thursday 21/04/2011: Another spinning class. I don't know why I decided to do this, I thought the low impact/high intensity session might be a good substitute for the club session I would be missing that evening. It was a different instructor to usual and she made us do lots and lots of press-ups while cycling which didn't feel altogether comfortable.

Friday 22/04/2011: This was to be a long run today but I quickly realised it wasn't going to happen. My back was feeling very stiff and the legs were tired - I was cursing that spinning instructor! I decided to shorten it to 50 minutes instead and didn't even make that as I was terrified I would damage my back! 3.54miles, 35minutes. Bad run

Saturday 23/04/2011: A healing 30 minutes on the crosstrainer - it felt good and I noticed my fitness has increased a lot since my last session which hasn't been for a number of weeks

Sunday 24/04/2011: LSR day. The aim was 1:30 - I made 1:22:12, covering 8.59 miles. I found it tough and was glad I had company for the second half or I could have thrown the towel in earlier. I really need to work on the LSRs.

Overall not a very satisfying week of training, but at least I know where I'm at LSR-wise (not where I want to be)

Monday 25/04/2011: Bit of a strength session in the gym

Tuesday 26/04/2011: My Tired Tuesday session. I felt more tired than usual and my heel has started bothering me again. It felt slow - 4.68miles in 45:00 minutes. But job done and I got a few hills in too.

Wednesday 27/04/2011: Spinning - nice session

Thursday 28/04/2011: Pyramid session with the club: 3,4,5,4,3 minutes with 3 mins slow recovery in between. It was such a beautiful evening in the park and there was a big crowd out - I didn't really kill myself (chatting as usual) so overall it was a very enjoyable session and I was happy with the result. My heel is still sore but I'm ignoring it! 5.67miles in 50:45

Friday 29/04/2011: Did a bit of a lazy gym session, with a short run on the cross trainer to loosen out my legs

Saturday 30/04/2011: BHAA/RTE 5 Mile RR.

Another top race from the BHAA; I had no idea what to expect from myself after the tough enough session on Thursday but the warm-up felt good. It was 4 and a bit laps of a boring enough course - it very slow to get moving as I had positioned myself at the back but once I did I managed to keep my pace consistent and just a touch over 8minutes/mile. Lots and lots of people had headphones which made it very difficult to get past them as they can't hear you coming - very annoying. It also means you can't share a bit of banter with them which is what I love about races. But I passed out a good few people along the way which always feels good, and still felt very strong at the end so put a bit of a spurt on then (I suspect this means I'm not trying hard enough when I'm coming into the last 500m still feeling totally grand?!). I came in at 39:24 HOWEVER my garmin measured it slightly short so I wasn't really celebrating my sub-40 as I reckon I would have been a few seconds over the 40-minute mark if I had hit 5:00miles! Still a PB and I'm happy with it - and I lost a good few seconds with the slow start so it's swings and roundabouts.

Sunday 01/05/2011: While I enjoy the races it means it's harder to fit in the LSRs and I'm feeling slightly nervous that I've let them slip so much. I was tempted to try for 1:30 today but the more experienced runners in the club recommended taking it easy after the race yesterday. After the first mile of feeling a little delicate I fell into a nice stride with the rest of the group and stayed with them for 45minutes or so - running in the sun with good company - can you beat it?! I was feeling remarkably fresh but was eventually sent packing back to my car by one of my clubmates after 1:06:00 - 7.35 miles. Too far for the day that was in it and I'm sure I will pay for it during the week. The only plus is I'll have a couple of days of enforced rest this week due to other engagements so hopefully the legs will be dying for a LSR by next weekend!

YTD:263.2 miles (I know I'm not going to reach 1000-miles this year (or anywhere near it) but no harm to keep tracking them anyway!

• Advertisement

Monday 02/05/2011: I had plenty of time all day to get some exercise in but for some reason I just couldn't motivate myself. A lazy day :(

Tuesday 03/05/2011: As per usual I wasn't looking forward to my tuesday run - but it actually went well except for getting a giant blister on my foot! 5.7miles, 52 minutes

Wednesday 04/05/2011: Spinning

Thursday 05/05/2011: Rest (night out)

Friday 06/05/2011: The plan was to only have a couple of drinks on Thursday night and to get up early and get my LSR done. As it turned out I had more than a couple and I was feeling well dodgy this morning. In fact it was late afternoon when I finally got out but I felt surprisingly well when I got out. I was delighted to hit the 1.5hour mark which is the longest I've run for a while. 9.57miles, 1:30:01

Busy weekend ahead with the county track and field championships but will hopefully get a couple of runs in.

It's been a very mixed bag since my last post...

Saturday 07/05/2011: Spent the day helping at the track with cold, soggy feet, so wasn't in the humour for much come 4pm. Went for a 30 minute run which felt very niggly.

Sunday 08/05/2011: Up early and out the door before breakfast hoping to get a 50 minute run in. I didn't make it to the end of the road before I realised my heel was just too sore so it was back to the house for me :(. Another day at the track and I was shattered when I reached the gym on the way home so did feck-all.

Monday 09/05/2011: Rest

Tuesday 10/05/2011: I had intended to get out for a run in the evening but decided during the day that it might be worth giving my heel a little extra time off so I did my 50 minutes on the cross trainer instead. Nice and low-impact, but I pushed myself hard enough so I felt it was a good substitute for the run.

Wednesday 11/05/2011: Spinning.

Thursday 12/05/2011: Into the park for a short run in the evening sunshine. I still felt very niggly but it was good to be out and things eased out a bit once I got warmed up. 3.87miles, 33:18.

Friday 13/05/2011: Another rest day :o. Went to see Spamalot though so at least I exercised my funny bone!

Saturday 14/05/2011: A tired day after a late night but I went to the gym for some strength work and cross training and got a decent session in which was a surprise. Spent the rest of the day cooking for our club night out which was a great success - lovely food and drink and I over-indulged a little and got home late and stuffed to the gills.

Sunday 15/05/2011: Why oh why after a terrible week training, a killer week in work and 2 nights out on the trot would someone set their alarm clock for 8am to get up for a race?! That's the question I was asking myself this morning, but I got up regardless and went off to the Sportsworld 5 mile.

Very well organised race, needless to say I wasn't "feeling it" this morning but it went really well for me all things considered. I didn't enjoy the first long drag into the wind from mile 1.5-2.5 - the second time I hit it I knew I was nearly home and had a few seconds in the bag to play with so it was actually okay. Got through the line in around 39:30. I managed to put in a bit of a sprint for the last couple of hundred metres; my stomach wasn't best pleased though after a weekend of abuse and I had a dodgy moment at the finish line but managed not to lose my breakfast. A slow jog back to the school and I was well ready for a cup of tea and a few slices of brack!

Home now and I'm shattered - it's going to be a tough week, but I have a weeks holidays the week after and once I'm back I'm going to start a new training plan for the summer!

Monday 16/05/2011: Rest. My evening course is finished now though so my Monday evenings are free again :D

Tuesday 17/05/2011: ESB/BHAA 5k on Sandymount strand. It was a lesson in how not to prepare for a race. Since the race on Sunday I hadn't got a recovery run in. Then at lunchtime I went to pilates which was a killer. Already feeling tired, I decided to walk briskly from work to Sandymount as a warm up (and to avoid the queen-induced chaos). Lovely walk down, but I got there too early and got dragged along by 2 clubmates for ANOTHER warm-up, which was actually quite long for me. By the time the race started I was wrecked!

I found the going hard enough as the sand ripples were tough to run on. Also there was a waterlogged patch which was tough on the legs. It was clear early on that this wasn't going to be a PB for me - I was reasonably happy to come in at 24:29. I passed a good few people in the second half so it wasn't all bad. Malt-loaf and a cuppa then home to bed. (not as nice as sportsworlds brack but still good)

Wednesday 18/05/2011: Didn't go to spinning today as the instructor I don't like was doing it and I knew my legs wouldn't thank me for it. 20 minutes on the cross-trainer followed by some weights and stretching instead.

Thursday 19/05/2011: Spent the day in misery with a sore throat but still arrived to my Mam's house after work with my gear determined to join the club in the park - I had hoped to get a LSR in. Once I got through the door though I decided to let sense prevail and my Mammy made me tea and toast instead - I was just feeling too awful. Went home instead and dosed myself with painkillers, strepsils etc and early to bed.

Friday 20/05/2011: Managed to get a cuppa in bed this morning from the OH (I'm a right princess these days!) and once I'd drank that I actually felt my throat was much better, so got up to start my weeks holidays on a good note. Ran a new route, taking in a few hills (though nothing major) and along the cliff walk for a bit. I felt very good considering - I had to stop twice to clear my throat/chest, but I'm home now and I'm very happy to have it done. 9.52miles, 90 minutes.

I hope to have a good week of training with another long run next Thursday/Friday - I've been neglecting the LSRs of late.

Saturday 21/05/2011: Headed west so no running. I was starting to regret the LSR the day before as my cold was worse than ever.

Our holiday this year was in the wet and windy west of Ireland. The whole idea of the "stay-cation" was that we'd spend plenty of time hiking and surfing and generally being healthy outdoorsy people - sadly the weather killed that idea and instead we spent a lot of time in cafes and pubs overindulging and thoroughly enjoying lots of yummy seafood and pints/wine. I got a couple of seaweed baths in too. So it was an enjoyable holiday but I'm back a few pounds heavier and feeling like I have a bit of work to do!!!

Sunday 22/05/2011: 40minute explore of my surroundings, hoping to find a nice running route (I didn't). 4.28miles

Tuesday 24/05/2011: Being in hillier than usual surrounds I decided to do a hill session this week - 8x1minute efforts up a nice hill followed by 1:30 recovery. I didn't reckon on gale force winds and hailstones in May but that's what I got - I was actually running into them on my recovery so the wind may have helped me up the hill a bit! Still felt like a good hard session

Wednesday 25/05/2011: My glutes were really feeling that hill session. 30 minute recovery run - 3.22miles. The rain managed to clear that afternoon for an hour or so so we got some hiking in too.

Thursday 26/05/2011: LSR day again. Very windy conditions made this one tough and slow, but I was glad to get it done and dusted. 9.03miles, 1:28:26.

Saturday 28/05/2011: 30 minute recovery run

Sunday 29/05/2011: 1 hour walk.

A mixed week - not bad for a holiday, with hangovers etc, but I had great intentions of having a great week of training and recovery. I'm racing on Tuesday and not feeling positive about it at all. It was a bit of a target race for me as it's the first race I'm having a second go at (it was my first proper race ever last year and I was hoping to make significant improvements). But I'll get out there and see what happens!

Monday 30/05/2011: A half-hearted session in the gym

Tuesday 31/05/2011: Dunboyne 5 mile race. I wasn't sure how to feel about this one - a week of over-indulgence left me feeling sluggish and I was a little nervous about it for some reason. My nose is still completely blocked post-cold, and I took in a few warm-up laps on the track which were very niggly - none of this helped my mood. The start was very congested and it was tough getting going. I got caught behind a group of people for the first 3/4 of a mile - the road was so narrow and I just couldn't get past. I was keeping an eye on my garmin and knew they were running around 15seconds/mile too slow so eventually I ran into a ditch to get past them!

At this point I got chatting to a guy and we kept up the chat til just before the 4 mile marker when I started to feel the breathing struggle a bit and I stopped talking (big effort for me!). He took off at 4.5miles and finished a little ahead of me. I managed to pick up the legs a bit on the track and passed a couple of people to finish at 39 minutes (scraped under it on my watch, not sure what the official time will be). I'm really happy with that (another PB) - but the race passed in a flash and I'm not sure if I paced it well, or not, or if I should have concentrated on the race and stopped the chat, or not (after all I'm a long way back in the field and I might as well enjoy it) :confused:

Big feed afterwards - made a pig of myself so back on the healthy wagon today!

• Advertisement

Wednesday 01/06/2011: Spinning. The heat made for a sweaty class!

Thursday 02/06/2011: 45min easy run with the club. The legs were feeling very stiff starting out but I managed to get going (and chatting... as usual!). Weather was fab so it was a very enjoyable run! 5.26miles, 45:52

Friday 03/06/2011: Rest! Really needed it this week

Saturday 04/06/2011: Up early for my run which much flatter than it should have been (decided to be nice to myself) :D. I'll have to hit the hills next week! The weather was amazing and not too hot as it was early. It felt very comfortable throughout - I brought a 500ml bottle of water which I sipped throughout and I also scoffed a little bag of jelly beans over the run. Coming to the end I still felt great and like I could keep going so I'm pretty happy with that and more confident about going into the longer runs for the summer. 10.29miles, 1:37:36.

Stocked up on some sports nutrition sweeties with electrolytes today in preparation for the LSRs in the hotter weather - got a few different brands and flavours and I'm hoping that these and water will keep the blood pressure (and me) up over the longer runs since I just can't stomach drinks and gels)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

runrabbit wrote: »
    Stocked up on some sports nutrition sweeties with electrolytes today in preparation for the LSRs in the hotter weather - got a few different brands and flavours and I'm hoping that these and water will keep the blood pressure (and me) up over the longer runs since I just can't stomach drinks and gels)!

You'll have to give us a review of the different ones you try.
    I've had some problems with cramps in a couple of my races )not nice!) and I was going to try some of the electrolyte tablets... I also find the sports drinks a bit hard on the tum, so if I there were some more pleasant alternatives that'd be nice. :rolleyes:

You'll have to give us a review of the different ones you try.
    I've had some problems with cramps in a couple of my races )not nice!) and I was going to try some of the electrolyte tablets... I also find the sports drinks a bit hard on the tum, so if I there were some more pleasant alternatives that'd be nice. :rolleyes:

Will do - I'll even give you a sampler if I see you for a LSR soon!

Sunday 05/06/2011: The legs felt a bit tired starting out and the first mile was very slow but I got moving a little faster then. Nice, no-pressure run. 5.02 miles, 46:13

Monday 06/06/2011: This was supposed to be a gym day but the weather was so nice in the morning that I couldn't face exercising indoors. Instead I just went for a nice little walk; very lazy! Spent the afternoon marshalling at the mini-marathon (sadly the weather had turned and I was freezing!)

Tuesday 07/06/2011: I was strangely nervous about this - I haven't had much success with solo "sessions", and haven't really tried any interval/tempo work in a long time. But since I had no race this week I decided to attempt the 4x2k outlined in the club training plan (despite having missed the previous few months of sessions :o).

The plan was for 4 x 2k at 10k pace, with 400m jog in between - my aim was to get at least 3 of them done. My target pace was sub-5min/km (dreaming of a sub-50 10k sometime this year). I found myself a nice flattish 1k loop of path, and after a 1k warmup (didn't have time for a decent one) I set off.

The first one felt hard and I started doubting my ability to even complete 2x2k, but they were completed within the times, 4:56 + 4:58. The second felt slightly easier, 4:59 + 4:52. By the third I knew I would finish the session no problem; 4:55 + 4:54. And while I was feeling a little puffed, I was cruising on the last one, 4:55 + 4:51. A too brief warm-down and then it was into the car and rushing off to the track for a night of juvenile competition - I got frozen through again and when I stood up from the results table after 3 hours in the cold I was stiff as a poker! But I'm very pleased with the session: 6.67miles in 55:42.

Wednesday 08/06/2011: Spinning!

Thursday 09/06/2011: Fartlek session with the club: 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 @ 5k pace. It all started out lovely and once warmed up I was keeping up the pace for the intervals pretty easily. Just as we were starting the last interval the hailstones started - they were big and icy and very sore when they were hitting my arms and especially my ears! So I'd say the pace dropped a bit for the last interval but we all kept going for the 3 minutes then dived into the bushes to shelter from the deluge. It passed over, but were were sopping wet, so it was a handy jog back to the car to finish up. I messed up my watch so I missed out on 1 of the 4minute intervals but I recorded 5.43 miles in 44:58 and it was a little bit more than that.

Friday 10/06/2011: Rest

Saturday 11/06/2011: Met up with Emer911 for a LSR - she had a nice route planned along the coast and it really was the right morning for it! Beautiful day and it felt great to be out! Unfortunately we lost concentration somewhere along the way and the pace dropped below what it should have - no harm really for a LSR, especially when we're both a good while away from target races, but we'll have to be more vigilant in future. 11.12miles, 1:51:20.

Home from my run for a quick shower and change, then grabbed an apple and headed straight out with the OH to walk the cliff walk to Greystones. The weather remained fine thankfully, but by the time I got to Greystones I was famished! I'm really tired now - I'm going to be fighting sleep in the cinema tonight! 5.1miles covered.

Sunday 12/06/2011: What a difference a day makes! After the beautiful run along the coast in the sunshine yesterday it was out to the muddy park in the lashing rain for a run this morning! I was determined to make it a bit pacier than yesterdays and it went fairly ok. Enjoyable despite the rain as I had company the whole way around! 6.82 miles in 1:01:25

Monday 13/06/2011: Pilates - a catch-up class since I missed a week earlier in the course

Tuesday 14/06/2011: 3 x 3k at 10k pace with 800m jog in between. Again only managed a 1k warm-up due to time constraints and then it was into the first set of 3 (5:00, 4:51, 4:48). The 800m recovery was really needed, and the second set felt just as hard (4:55, 4:58, 4:48). I really started to struggle on the last km of the third set (4:50, 4:49, 4:53). Overall it felt much tougher than last week and I fear I may be a little off my 10k goal for Dunshaughlin. Still, a decent session and that's the main thing! With warm-up, cool-down and recoveries it was 7.82miles in 1:05:30

Wednesday 15/06/2011: Was very tired and sore after Tuesday's session - paying the price for insufficient warm-up and cool-down. Went to my spinning class anyway and it was fine but tough and sweaty as the air-con in the room just isn't up to the task!

Thursday 16/06/2011: I logged on last night to log my experiences of my first track race (and my first time running on a track... ever). But I was still feeling quite traumatised so I decided to give it 24-hours in the hope of being a little more measured in my description!

I had hoped to get a few laps in on a track before this race or at least do a solo mile time-trial but the weeks passed me by and I never got around to it. Instead I headed down to Trinity straight after work and tried to ease out my legs which were still stiff and sore with a few laps around the track. Everyone else there seemed fit and fast - and I'll be honest - I was cacking it! Ideally I would have done the 3k event, which would have been more suited to my experience, but it was the last event of the night and after a long day in work I was itching to get home.

I decided to just get moving and do the 800m. It was hell. The rest of the field shot off and even though I looked like I was going backwards in comparison to them I was actually going too fast for me and was feeling terrible after half a lap - my lungs were just screaming! I haven't felt like that since I first started running 15-odd months ago. Only this was worse. I felt slightly fuzzy headed too - but the only thing keeping me going was the fact that it was short and it would be over soon. Needless to say I didn't stick with my starting pace and I finished in a poor placing - perhaps the dreaded last - I'm not sure as I wasn't quite "with it" at the end.

I decided to do the mile too since I had placed so badly in the 800m - unfortunately the lungs hadn't quite recovered and I still felt a little sore and wheezy. Apart from when I was recovering from a chest infection last year I haven't needed my inhaler once since I started running but I could have done with it last night - it will be in my gear bag from now on! So feeling slightly nervous for the second race I took off at a more comfortable pace and felt relatively okay all the way around. I even managed to pass a couple of people on the last lap. It was still a disappointing run and I feel I could have done a bit better if I hadn't tried to kill myself in the 800m 20 minutes earlier!

Overall I wasn't feeling too happy going home and was starting to overthink things and dread Dunshaughlin and some 5ks I have lined up. So I'm changing my goals again - my main goal is once again to enjoy the race and finish with a smile! I had a very tough goal set for myself for Dunshaughlin which I don't feel I'm going to achieve - and I don't seem to handle disappointment well considering the sulky face on me last night :rolleyes:! So I'm back into the positive mindframe from today!

Friday 17/06/2011: Rest day! Legs are feeling better so I'm hopefully ready for some nice relaxing weekend-runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Don't worry the track is always a shock to the system the first time - in fact it still is - but it gets more enjoyable.
    I think you managed a smile on one your laps - were you going too easy :p

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Don't worry the track is always a shock to the system the first time - in fact it still is - but it gets more enjoyable.
    I think you managed a smile on one your laps - were you going too easy :p

Ha ha I remember saying hi to you alright during the mile and I thought to myself I wasn't trying hard enough if I was talking to spectators! I just wasn't able for it after the 800m - it was too much of a shock to the system!

Saturday 18/06/2011: LSR day. I had to get up very early this morning for my run as I had a busy day ahead, which worked out great as I avoided all the rain! I ran an out-and-back course that took in my arch nemesis of a hill - and I managed to run it all :D! It felt pretty comfortable throughout and I kept a closer eye on my pace this week. I still felt good at the end and it was an enjoyable run overall. Brought 500ml of water with me but could have done with a little more as I was feeling thirsty near the end.

12.08miles, 1:54:27

• Advertisement

Sunday 19/06/2011: I didn't feel like running this morning which was unusual for me for a Sunday - but I forced myself up and set out nonetheless. My legs felt tight and heavy setting off and I just couldn't keep up with the group - I was hoping that my legs would ease out once warmed up. The heaviness eased a bit - and I got running with a couple of others and passed the first 3 miles reasonably well except that the pace felt much harder than it should have.

We stopped for a few seconds to talk to someone, and when we set off again my legs started screaming at me - it was a very unusual discomfort where there wasn't any particular tightness - it was just like they had seized up. I managed another half a mile with the girls and then called it a day and jogged the mile back to the car very slowly (11mins/mile or so).

I feel fine now and I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong - I think perhaps I didn't eat enough after my LSR yesterday. I just had a yogurt and an apple when I got back around 10am and then at 2pm I had a tuna sandwich. It was then 5.30pm when I got a decent meal - I was starving and ate lots but it was probably too late as it was 7.5hours after my run! Lesson learned - I'll have to be more careful.

Going to take it easy now this week and rest up before Dunshaughlin - perfect timing for an easy week really as I'm starting to feel tired.

4.8 miles 45:08

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good work - getting out there and doing something when you dont feel like it is very important. It happens every single one of us all the time :cool:

...I just had a yogurt and an apple when I got back around 10am and then at 2pm I had a tuna sandwich. It was then 5.30pm when I got a decent meal - I was starving and ate lots but it was probably too late as it was 7.5hours after my run! Lesson learned - I'll have to be more careful.

Well you had a hell of a week, so you're allowed have an off day! :p;)

Yeah, they say you should have some food within an hour (or a half hour maybe?) of a long run. Something protein heavy too. So next time try having that tuna sandwich after your run and keep the fruit for the snack? Oh, and a great big glass of milk. That's supposed to be the ticket! :D

Good running this week, by the way. and good luck with the 10K in Dunshaughlin at the weekend.

Good running this week, by the way. and good luck with the 10K in Dunshaughlin at the weekend.

Thanks a million - yeah it was a good week overall, so I can't complain. I just need to rest up my legs now for Dunshaughlin - I've 2 other 10k races earmarked for this year so I'm just going to go out and try my best this weekend!

Very lazy week for me!

Monday 20/06/2011: Did a half-hearted and very short session in the gym

Tuesday 21/06/2011: Killer pilates class today, so when the time came for my evening run I was already tired! 6 x 400m at 10k pace with 400m recovery was in the plan, and my legs felt very tired going out. I managed to complete the session - the heat got to me a bit though so I was pooped at the end, when I really shouldn't have been! 4.77miles, 42:47.

Wednesday 22/06/2011: Spinning. I must confess I took it very easy and didn't push the resistance too much!

Thursday 23/06/2011: Rest

Friday 24/06/2011: 20 min jog pre-breakfast. My legs felt...okay. I felt sluggish overall though.

So that's it until Dunshaughlin tomorrow night. My only aim now is to enjoy it. I'm heading out tonight for a night on the tiles which isn't the best preparation :o my only concession to the race is that I'm popping a pair of flats into my bag so the 4-inch heels will be coming off when the serious dancing starts!!!

Good luck with the race. Hope the all-night dancing doesn't cramp your style! :p

Good luck with the race. Hope the all-night dancing doesn't cramp your style! :p
    So tired. Balls of feet are throbbing and calves crampy from the heels. Great night! I'll pay for it later though

After all my excuses I managed 49:xx - not sure of exact time yet, was 49:11 on my watch but I was a few seconds getting going. In cooler conditions I reckon I would have had a 48:xx in me! Over the moon as it was a big aim for me and I trained hard with a sub-50 in mind. Having a couple of glasses of wine now so will post full report in morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

After all my excuses I managed 49:xx - not sure of exact time yet, was 49:11 on my watch but I was a few seconds getting going. In cooler conditions I reckon I would have had a 48:xx in me! Over the moon as it was a big aim for me and I trained hard with a sub-50 in mind. Having a couple of glasses of wine now so will post full report in morning!
    Well done runrabbit. Cracking time!

• Advertisement

Wow. Great time to have in the bag! Congrats on that. Can't wait for the blow-by-blow race report :p

Advertisement