Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wagamama discount card

Options
  • 01-01-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

During freshers' week I got a card from a society with a discount on the back for Wagamama, whereby if you bought one main meal there you would get one free, Monday-Wednesday.
    As students and fans of Wagamama this was a great deal and myself and my friend used this discount a few times successfully.
    However, a few days ago, I went to Wagamama with my friend. After the meal, I presented the discount card, as per usual.
    However, I was told that the deal did not apply for the month of December. I argued that the card has no mention of terms and conditions on it, it just says "But one meal get one free, mon-wed".
    They said that by accepting the card we accepted its conditions, which are on wagamama's website.
    Is this correct? We were very disappointed as the discount was our motivation for going, and will certainly think twice before eating there again.
    I think that that a condition excluding a whole month should have been stated on the card, or at the very least it should have stated that terms and conditions apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Always mention a discount card before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you checked the T&Cs on the website?

I do agree with you, in the sense that the card should at the least state if T&Cs apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Don't see any T&C's on the website.
    Maybe try send them an email, explaining what happened and ask for a copy of their T&C's regarding the discount card?

Email: feedback@wagamama.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

Don't see any T&C's on the website.
    Maybe try send them an email, explaining what happened and ask for a copy of their T&C's regarding the discount card?

Email: feedback@wagamama.com

Yeah I think I will do just that as I can't seem to find any terms and conditions either. I thought maybe they were referring to the society who issued the card's website, but they don't have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Also wrote: »
    Yeah I think I will do just that as I can't seem to find any terms and conditions either. I thought maybe they were referring to the society who issued the card's website, but they don't have one.

Post your complaint on their facebook page for all to see - I'm betting you will probably get a free voucher from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

tommy21 wrote: »
    Post your complaint on their facebook page for all to see - I'm betting you will probably get a free voucher from it.

Or they will show you a copy of the terms and conditions for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It isn't Wagamamas card though right, it's like an ents card? In which case, several other discounts are probably on it so there would not be room to have the t&c's of each on the card. Though of course it isn't great that you only find out about the t&c's when you're there relying on a cheaper meal. This used to be the case for Captain America's same deal Mon-Fri on the ents card, however they are applying the discount all year round now. I think if it was their own card they would specify.

Advertisement