Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Programs!

Options
  • 01-01-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering is it possible to get the licence key off programs i installed? As ive had problems with my windows 7 64 bit for a while i wrote about it a couple of months ago in windows forum and nobody else had the problem. And today and a few days ago my usb ports just locked up, well at least i think its that as i have a usb mouse and keyboard and they stopped working and i plugged in a usb key to c if windows recognised it, and it didnt and the only thing i could do was pull the plug and restart.

So if i got my program licence keys and reinstall windows 7 64 bit ultimate. It might fix the problems.
    Like i have Tpswitch WS_FTP 12, Cyberlink Powerdvd, Isobuster, Winrar, MIRC to name a few so i have some wot i would call fairly expensive programs that i need but dont want to buy again.

Like i installed windows 7 32 bit on my laptop never had any problem with it and also i thought 64bit was meant to be faster my laptop boots up quicker than this desktop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

there's a program called "recover keys" that will do what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

there's a program called "recover keys" that will do what you need.

Oh right thanx! and will the programs bit legit when i do it?
    Is there a free version or would it be better to get the pay version for better support?

the free version will not display the full licence key.

up to you to get the full version im afraid. (can be found in the right places)

as long as your program licence keys are already legit, then there is nothing wrong with them being used for your own use again.

Actually now that i think of it the Program Ipswitch WS_FTP 12 and maybe even Isobuster and even another 1 or 2 were kind of cute the way u create a full version in that they didnt give keys and u had to connect online to make them a full version if i remember correctly. Would that program be able to make them full versions again??

Just dont want to wipe hard drive to find i have to pay for them again.

doubt it dude, the program i suggested only extracts keys from the programs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

You could just try exporting the entire windows registry to a .reg file and then run it after installing the new version?

Then again that may bring the problem with it.

doubt it dude, the program i suggested only extracts keys from the programs.

Okay thanx anyway!
    Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    You could just try exporting the entire windows registry to a .reg file and then run it after installing the new version?

Then again that may bring the problem with it.

That sounds like a good idea but as u said it may bring the problem with it.

I might just leave it be. It hasnt froze up since posting this thread. But i still have that minor problem where when i right click on a file it stalls and goes not responding then i click the red x and then it closes open folders and then i can right click on anything. It only happens once and then its perfect. Its a minor problem thats an inconvenience that nobody else has but its annoying.

Advertisement