Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Original AMD Cpu Cooler

• 01-01-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭

Have a custom built pc (not built by myself). Its AMD Phenom II X2 3.2GHz overclocked to 3.6GHz. Pump went on liquid cooling system and can't get one for a while. Would the standard AMD cpu cooler be alright to put back on for a while or could I have an issue with overheating? There are plenty of fans in the case as well. SilverStone Raven case. Any ideas?
    Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

Personally i would drop the clock speed with stock air as you never know whats going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,283 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I agree you should dial it back. I've heard reviews of overclocking an X6 to 4.0ghz on the stock cooler but thats probably not taking all factors into consideration, like the case involved, or the ambient temp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Cheers lads.
    Next thing, know anything about overclocking. I vaguely have an idea of how to do it. Its based upon altering the voltages to the cpu right? Any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,283 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unless you have a Black Edition Phenom II your options are a bit more limited. The BEs have unlocked multipliers and are breezier to overclock with. But, thats all I know. I have the 1055t six core thuban but I havent wanted to go playing with the voltages yet, I too dont have access to the multiplier. But being 33% cheaper than the BE made perfect fiscal sense :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Yes mine is the black edition. Ah sure thats cool anyway overheal. sound for the advice. I will look a bit more into it so.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement