Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYE w/the LWA-52 WA attachment for the LX5 &%$*($&#$*!!!

• 01-01-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Just picked up the LWA-52 attachment at Samy's Camera on Fairfax in LA on Thursday, for my trip today the Owens Valley, and I thought I'd try it out last night before we left this morning. I should have opened the box at the store. The coating on the outer lens has a tear/scar in it, and, as you'll see, it showed up in the photos. Grrrrrrrrr....... To top it off, Samy's is closed on NYD (today). I won't be able to return it until Sunday. Eh, it's my first trip back to Bishop w/the LX5, so not all is lost.

The 18mm WA function is great, but it can be VERY frustrating in framing, since the camera disables any zoom function, and with the attachment on picks up a LOT more area in frame, often including things one doesn't want, esp. at the peripheries, so I had to aim (as you'll see) UP a lot. One can have it attached and disable the attachment setting in the menu, but I have not yet experimented w/that.

Sunset from Fort MacArthur (I think that's its name) looking at Catalina Island. The gap you see is the isthmus where the hamlet of Two Harbors is located.

P10002921lcsbl.jpg

The Korean Friendship Bell. I did nothing to this in PP except a wee bit of contrast work. The light really looked like this.

P10002972llsblcrop.jpg

Here's where the rip really shows, above the temple. Grrrrrrrrr........

P10002981lcsbl.jpg

Advertisement