Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valencia for Family Sun Holiday?

• 01-01-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could advise on what Valencia would be like for a family sun holiday with a 6 and 7 year old. I'd be looking for the usual resort type stuff, bars, restaurants beach etc and a few days out. It appeals to me being a big city that it would also offer some alternatives to the typical resort stuff. The best of both worlds if you like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jrar

Hi, went to Valencia in April 2008 for 5 days with my wife and 2 girls (then aged 8 and 5) and we had a ball !

Stayed in an apartment just off Avenida Constitucion north of the Turia and that proved a bonus as were able to walk to the city centre anytime we wanted.

The Turia (river-bed park which runs thru the city) is a fantastic amenity, and as a runner, I used it a lot and loved it ! Check out the Gulliver statue which your kids will lvoe, plus the fountains. At one end of the Turia is the Science Museum & Cinemax complex which are great for kids too.

Eating out was the usual child-friendly Spanish experience with lots of nice places in the centre (which is small and manageable overall).

Tram down to the beach (Malvarosa ?) is good as is the beach itself, plus the port area where the F1 GP is held is full of restaurant/bar options - all in all, a good city for a week esp. of the weather is good.

Advertisement