Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BACK FOR GOOD

• 01-01-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Ok so its time I start my own trainign log..I really enjoyed reading all your logs while I trained for the dcm ,they kept my motivation going..So bless me father its been 9 weeks since my last run..As i mentioned earlier I did my first ever marathon in Dub 2010 nad did the worst thing ever..I stopped runnin..not even a mile..I ate all round me and drank copious amounts of alcohol so now its time to start afresh..New Year New Me
    My goal for 2011 is to do de limerick marathon but if Im not ready id like to try Cork and also the diamond adventure race is looking appealing..sure we see how it goes..

So 1st run of the new year 8k in 40 mins...really tough one ...it can only get easier:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

3 miles today..im a bit stiff from saturdays run but plenty of stretching shud solve it

4 miles done in 48 mins..again another tough one..im looking forward till this time next month when 4 miles will be a doddle

4.16 miles in 43 mins..felt alot better today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Good to see you're not just a one timer! The one thing I used to hate when I got injured playing rugby was the the road back to fitness! 8k on your first outing - good work. All the best with the training!

Thanks pokerface for your words of encouragement..have to agree the road back to fitness is a long one but Il get there eventually
    4.5 miles today in 48.41..had to be very carefull today as the paths were icy this morning..good run though..had to stop 2 time for a walkin break ..beautifull morning for a run

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

You have had a great first week! Well done.
    Is a lovely morning out, lots of runners out this morning as I was doing taxi for the kids. Hoping it is nice again tomorow!
    Road back to fitness tough, but 2nd week not as hard as 1st one I say!

4.1 milesz tonight in 40.32..enjoyed this evenings run..I feel a hell of alot better than I did last week..long may it continue:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thanks for posting on my thread! New Year new beginnings.....you're off to a really good start. Keep it up! :)

4 MILES IN 39.42 MINS..1ST 2 MILES WERE TOUGH BUT RELAXED AND ENJOYED THE LAST 2..OVER ALL AN ENJOYABLE RUN

5 miles at 50.49..10.07 avg mile..felt really comfortable tonight..might up de mileage fr saturdays run and chance 7 miles.. 31.2 mles to date for this mnth

• Advertisement

2 miles done this morn..2 horrible miles..felt so bad from the beginning...the gin and slim didnt help last night..so i will face my 6-7 mile run in de morn

5 miles done in 52 mins..need to start upping up de mileage as i hae signed up for a half marathon late feb..eeekkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You are getting good consistent runs in, which will soon become easier, as you find your pre DCM fitness coming back. Best of luck with your 2011 goals.

Hi Rubyk, I just cant believe how de fitness goes so fast but Im getting there..Im hoping by the end of this month ill be gettin in some decent LSR
    Well todays run kinda took a nose dive..roads and footpaths were very icey so headed to de gym..I only did 3 miles on de treadmill..the heat in there was something else.. lhopped on de bike and did another 5 miles and 10 mins on de rower so not to bad..hoping the weather picks up a bit cant see myself clocking up any kinda mileage in dat gym..

5.5 miles done in 49.10 -9.43 average mile..very happy with todays run..very comfortable..would have loved to have run longer butr haqd to pick de small man up from school...long run defo on de cards for de weekend....and may I add what an absolute beautifull day to go out running

9 miles in 1 hr 28..really enjoyed this LSR..love running in this weather..had a little slip on mile 7 crossing a bridge but no damage done thank god

6 miles tonight in 59.02..stuggled for de first 2 miles but got a bit easier from then on..dont like running in de dark rainy evenings..must hook up with a running buddy it would be so much easier and it wud be great ti have someone spur me on

no running for me today..started a new kettlebell training class so this class shud keep me ticking over on my cardio days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

You have had a great run (:P) of runs...and enjoyed them all! Great.

thanks maria 74 ,ive been keeping an eye on your thread also and ur flying it mrs
    6.03 miles in exactly 1hr..bit stiiff from kettlebells last night nad my legs felt really tired and heavy from mile 4..working tomorow till 7 so lsr on sunday instead

• Advertisement

6 easy miles tonight..planned on doing 10 but got lazy and headed home early..need a running buddy for sure

5 mile in 48.52..was supposed to do 6 but im nights this week and im absolutely shattered..+ small fella has been sick for the plast week so its taking its toll

40 mins of speed training on de treadmill today..killer..:(

working nights got de better off me last week so did nothing from thursday till sunday:confused:..ran nine miles sunday in 1.26..tough...6 miles this eveniing..slightly slower at 59.31..im hoping to be ready ofr a half marathon on de 20th so need to get an 11 mile lsr done this week

5.2 miles this evening..weather is yucck but i felt more comfortable running in de rain..6 miles planned for tomor please god:P

ran 5.4 miles home from work..have a load on this evening so glad to get de run out of the way

4 miles today..4 unbelieveably hard miles thanks to de 4 large glasses of wine lst night..at least im consistent :p

9.5 miles today in 1.31..with a few horrible hills thrown in for good measure..found it tough going from 4 to 6 miles but i settled into it again and enjoyed de last 3.5 miles..the 1st 2 miles are great and then there is a 2km incline which always knocks me for six..in de end happy enuff with todays run..not exactly de 11 I planned but still gone somethin in

Advertisement