Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I decided to release an album today...

Options
  • 01-01-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

http://www.robertcrosbie.net/mono.html

Some of you may remember me posting about recording in mono a good while back; well this whole album ended getting made that way. That's right, recorded and mixed totally in mono. I wanted it to sound like something that was made in the 60s; I think I achieved that in some songs but I'll let you be the judge.

12 tracks, all free mp3s, so head over and start downloading! Cheers.

http://www.robertcrosbie.net/mono.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Just downloaded, so far so good! Love the sound man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

You can now stream all the tracks on Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/robert-crosbie/sets/mono-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

just downloaded the album there man. . . sounds really good

just downloaded the album there man. . . sounds really good

Thanks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Sounds amazing! :O

lalee17 wrote: »
    Sounds amazing! :O

Woo hoo!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Seriously, I know I said I liked it on the MP forum, but the more I listen to it, the better it gets. It's just packed with great ideas, and the sound of it is brilliant (the drums! the bass!). I'd love to know how you worked to get it. The playing is perfect; never too showy unless it's absolutely called for, and even then absolutely tasteful.

A lot of retro inspired stuff can sound like pastiche, but your record manages to avoid that completely by having damn good songs. There's a lot of more contemporary influences shining through, too. I hear everything from Weezer to The Raconteurs, to Spoon, to... And taking a wide range of 60's influences too - Velvets, Doors, Motown, Beatles, garage rock, psychedelic rock. Really fantastic.

It's a great success and I'm gonna play it to as many people as I can. I listened to it in the bath with a spliff and I had to listen the whole way through, I couldn't turn it off! The water went cold.

I'm incredibly difficult to please. So much music fails to measure up due to a complete lack of imagination. You've got it in bounds.

Wow. That's all I can say. Thanks so much! I aim to please!

This album has seem to have struck a chord... maybe I'm on to something! :)

Advertisement