Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba, Bar 903 etc. closed?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Heard it closed for good today, along with Bar903, the Cellar and Harvest. Nothing on their website though. Anyone else heard this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Where did you hear that? I like those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Shryke wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    Mate who used to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Just heard this as well, though didn't realize Harvest was affected as well. Such a shame, loved those places.

I really hope they didn't. Cuba is one of the only clubs I enjoy going to. Especially when they used to have live bands playing. It was the only place you genuinely could have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

closed immediately, its a sad sad day :(

source: staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

Was it out of the blue foxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

from what i know, they were told last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Massive shame that. Bar 903 and were great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

sorry to hear it, really liked that whole group of places..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Aw! Please tell me this is a mistake!? Love Cuba!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I assume all of the Harvest shops are affected??

Verysad to hear; and very tough on the staff:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Sorry state of affairs for the staff, but on the bright side - it'll make room for four more badly needed Charcoal Grills.

So the Cellar, Cuba, Bar 903, and Harvest are shut down? Is the Kingshead still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, they're gone bust apparently...or so i've heard.. :( a sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I'm not too surprised about Bar 903 because it seemed that every time I passed, the place was either closed or there was nobody in there, which is a shame because it used to be extremely popular. The Harvest shop beside it has been closed a while now. But I have to say, I'm very surprised about the Cellar! It always seemed to be busy. I wasn't aware it was having problems.

Very sorry to hear this, especially for the staff.

So the Cellar, Cuba, Bar 903, and Harvest are shut down? Is the Kingshead still open?

They're not owned by the same crowd, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Ah no, they were quality establishments. The Cellar appeared to be doing well. So Galways late bar options are down to just The Roisin now for midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

Why did it close down? is it in examinership or liquidation?

Was it open for new years eve?

Did not know cuba owned harvest.

Maybe it is the person or group that owns must be in trouble?

So the group or person owns
    Harvest
    Cuba Club
    Bar 903
    Kings head
    living room or kellys i think.

Maybe they are selling of some of their assets.

dapto1 wrote: »
    They're not owned by the same crowd, are they?

They used to be but not anymore afaik.

evoke wrote: »
    Why did it close down? is it in examinership or liquidation?

I heard liquidation.

• Advertisement

Kellys is separate aswell as I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Kings head staying open please do not create rumours.
    Yes bar 903 is to go into liquidation all creditors are to be called to a meeting,cellar bar as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

So much for 'Happy New Year'...

i remember years ago the guy that owned cuba had a bently. he was young as well. I am not sure if i seen him or some told me that. i think at that point he owned alot of places in galway

He was probably able to take out alot of loans to buy these places.

does anyone know who owns these places and the exact places shutting down? my list is probably old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Absolute shíthole of a shop, couldn't give a toss if it's closed. I say that because at least the crowd there are decent - I'd be annoyed if someone like Karma or CPs closed as then their clientele would start infecting everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Kings Head and Kellys used to be in same group but divided up a few years back. So connected in some ways (often cross promotion) but separate ownership and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Good club, underground in the cellar was great for bopping in a dark room, harvest was great too, cold and warm bottles of buckfast, will have to go to Monroes now when sitting down the arch during the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

No big loss for me anyways. Always hated Cuba!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Can't understand why anyone thinks the place is good. The music is good if only for the fact it's different. But the layout is absolutely terrible. You're either getting a drink (sorry, waiting for a drink) at a sticky bar or you're on the dancefloor. There's nothing in between, unless you're lucky enough to be sitting in a dark corner on one of the 10 seats in the place.

And when you're sick of all that, you can enjoy sticking your drink in a cupboard where it will be stolen while you get made to stand out on the street with the Procabs staff having a fag.

Luckily this entire experience can be avoided for you at the discretion of the club's door staff and their arbitary 'not tonight kid' attitude.

• Advertisement

So the list of closing is:
    Harvest
    Cuba Club
    Bar 903
    cellar

Who owns them then?

It is just people remember kings head being owned by cuba which caused the confusion. they must of sold it off a while ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement