Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba, Bar 903 etc. closed?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Clearly this is a tender, emotional time for you. I wish you the best over the coming days or weeks and hope you can get over your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Spent every thursday night in Cuba when I was in College. I havent' been lately but would go to Bar 903 quite a bit. They will be greatly missed. :(

** puts on Cuba hoodie and crys **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Anyone who knows the owners of Cuba/Harvest/Cellar knows that they are not greedy. Please, do your homework. They had a reputation for treating staff well and for giving generously to local charities. [...]

Believe it or not, this is a tough time for owners and staff. No one wants to wind up in this situation.

So are you saying that they didn't go in on a property deal and other ventures that went so badly wrong that it pulled down their successful businesses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Wasnt Cuba/Bar903 owned By XX which he had leased out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wasnt Cuba/Bar903 owned By XX which he had leased out?

He owns the property, not the club/pub.

Any chance you'd remove his name from your post (like I have done in quotes) - it's just not nice quoting names who aren't directly involved (imho)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Clearly this is a tender, emotional time for you. I wish you the best over the coming days or weeks and hope you can get over your loss.

you are a bellend of epic proportions.

good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Fionn,

You clearly have a problem with cuba that much was evident since the start of the thread. Earlier in the thread you say you got refused for being drunk and then you admit you got thrown out of there for throwing something on a different night. Thats one almighty chip you have on your shoulder. Would be nice if you stopped acting the absolute prick towards people that had friends that worked there. Your constant sniping is just making you out to be an absolute child.

Internet warriors get on my nerve I pretty sure i can say with 100% certainty you wouldn't have so much to say to someone like Barry if you were face to face with. Either grow up or log off maybe the internet isn't for you if you just use it to be an ass

Fionn,

You clearly have a problem with cuba that much was evident since the start of the thread. Earlier in the thread you say you got refused for being drunk and then you admit you got thrown out of there for throwing something on a different night.

Actually I think you'll find I said I was refused entry when I was sober. I also attended there up to 100 times without these things happening. I don't have a chip on my shoulder, this is just a thread discussing the clubs in question. For what it's worth, I thought 903 was a great spot. As I've said, the music in Cuba was very good also. Just so happens the bouncers were absolute twats and the layout was dire.
    Internet warriors get on my nerve I pretty sure i can say with 100% certainty you wouldn't have so much to say to someone like Barry if you were face to face with.
    In what way am I an 'internet warrior'? You are the first one to raise mildly threatening suggestions in this thread.

Actually I think you'll find I said I was refused entry when I was sober. I also attended there up to 100 times without these things happening.

In what way am I an 'internet warrior'? You are the first one to raise mildly threatening suggestions in this thread.

My mistake i ment say when you said you weren't drunk.

Well straight away from the start you bitched and moaned and claimed it was a terrible place to go to etc etc and you now decided to make fun of Barry with your last place when it there was absolutely no need for it. You are coming across as an absolutely childish prick all because you have a grudge against Cuba over being refused entry and getting kicked out for acting the twat.

inb4 he Likes your post
    My mistake i ment say when you said you weren't drunk.

Well straight away from the start you bitched and moaned and claimed it was a terrible place to go to etc etc and you now decided to make fun of Barry with your last place when it there was absolutely no need for it. You are coming across as an absolutely childish prick all because you have a grudge against Cuba over being refused entry and getting kicked out for acting the twat.

I apologise. My posts were not meant to provoke such childish reactions from you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did a search there. One member of the family has 18 directorships, of which 10 are:
    GALWAY ARTS FESTIVAL LIMITED
    KIRWANS (GALWAY) LIMITED
    COPE (CRISIS HOUSING CARING SUPPORT) LIMITED
    EGLINTON TAVERNS LIMITED
    MCCANN STORES AN FUARÁN LIMITED
    JONA INVESTMENT HOLDINGS LIMITED
    HARVEST OFF-LICENCE GALWAY LIMITED
    EMPOWER AND SEA CHANGE
    BALLYBRIT FORECOURT LIMITED
    ARCANA PRODUCTIONS LIMITED

inb4 he Likes your post

I apologise. My posts were not meant to provoke such childish reactions from you.

You my friend are an absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

it's dead easy to hide behind a keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

We've had the 'I love Halo' brigade, the disgruntled DJ, and the pissed off punter; what is with people trying to drag this thread off topic??

It's beginning to get really annoying:rolleyes:

i hope you aren't saying i'm the disgruntled dj are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You call someone on here tender and emotional when you have stated that seeing someone wearing trainers ruins your night.

I can guarantee that you have never had a good night out if thats the case as there would never be a chance of not seeing someone wearing a pair. Or else you're a sh1t talker, quit digging
    Personally I hate it when I'm out and I see someone wearing trainers, it ruins my night :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

paulhannon wrote: »

She was probably talking about the bitter, lol/hahahahaha/revelling in other's misery out of work DJ who was posting here earlier.

That wasn't you though.

We've had the 'I love Halo' brigade, the disgruntled DJ, and the pissed off punter; what is with people trying to drag this thread off topic??

It's beginning to get really annoying:rolleyes:

To be honest this thread was ruined from the get go due to the likes of Elevator ( i just found out who you are like you are one to talk about anyone) and Fionn.Its typical of modern day galway and Ireland to a degree that people have to get cheap digs at people who are shocked or upset at a situation due to personal grievances they have with a certain place.

Hannon you are a bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Bill, i'd edit your posts fairly lively before the mods get onto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,495 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

http://www.jcnot4me.com/images/pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

• Advertisement

just looking at your previous thread fionn,you are indeed a Class A toolbag.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184498
    've only been to Karma once (got dragged through the entire place and out the back door by one of the bouncers for not much at all lol) but I was quite impressed. The dance floor is pretty small and gets packed, but there's lots of bars so it's fairly easy to get a drink.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278974
    Went in there at 10pm on Wednesday after the match, absolutely steaming. Put my coat in the cloak room and only remembered about it on Friday. I couldn't find the ticket and I went into the Drum Friday eve and asked the guy about it. He checked the book and couldn't find it noted down (it was a navy Munster jacket), however there was a 'navy NZ Canterbury coat' so I asked him to check just in case (the Muntster coat had a Canterbury logo on the left) but he came back and said it wasn't the one.

I assumed that some chancer had found my dropped ticket and gone and claimed it as theirs, but then on Saturday I found the ticket in my wallet O_o
    Did the guy in the Drum think I might have been lying about it being mine as I didn't have a ticket, or did one of the pikeys working in the GPO make off with my coat?

I presume there's some small print saying they're not responsible for my belongings despite me paying for them to hang it on a ****ing rail

thats just TWO posts indicating that you are infact a total tit when you go out,the nightclub doesnt really come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

This thread has got ridiculous! I feel a lock coming...

To be honest .......
    Hannon you are a bastard

Agreed, 100%.

and Fionn.Its typical of modern day galway and Ireland to a degree that people have to get cheap digs at people who are shocked or upset at a situation due to personal grievances they have with a certain place.

I think you'll find I was just taking the piss out of the lad who said the toilets were wedged with naggins, and his reply to it.
    thats just TWO posts indicating that you are infact a total tit when you go out,the nightclub doesnt really come into it.
    Indeed, the occasion where I bumped into someone and got kicked out, and the time when someone in the cloakroom stole my jacket are both fine examples of my thuggery. Honestly, if you are going to go to the creepy extent of wading through 3+ years of posts to find something that might back up your childish insults, I'm sure you could have found some better ones.

I mean really... I put my jacket in a cloak room, forget about it, and its stolen = I'm a total tit? Deary me.

I think you'll find I was just taking the piss out of the lad who said the toilets were wedged with naggins, and his reply to it.

Indeed, the occasion where I bumped into someone and got kicked out, and the time when someone in the cloakroom stole my jacket are both fine examples of my thuggery. Honestly, if you are going to go to the creepy extent of wading through 3+ years of posts to find something that might back up your childish insults, I'm sure you could have found some better ones.

I mean really... I put my jacket in a cloak room, forget about it, and its stolen = I'm a total tit? Deary me.

yes,you're right fionn,you are a definite victim in all this.
    every nightclub is wrong and you are indeed right.
    sorry.

barryd09 wrote: »
    yes,you're right fionn,you are a definite victim in all this.
    every nightclub is wrong and you are indeed right.
    sorry.
    Apology accepted. Have you accepted mine yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

/biko sits in the livingroom, sipping tea, watching the Home and Away omnibus, oblivious to the fact the kids have gotten at the knife drawer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

paulhannon wrote: »

I didn't eve know that you were a DJ tbh. I was referring to the charming poster known as 'Elevator':)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

snubbleste wrote: »
    Magnus would have never tolerated this.

True, but didnt he like to read Little Women to the kids in the orphanage while dressed as Mr Banks from Mary Poppins each January Bank Holiday Monday.

Even the yellowpack teacher (popebuckie) must be ironing his doilies.

Keep nicks while I take a dump in the corner...

• Advertisement

I didn't eve know that you were a DJ tbh. I was referring to the charming poster known as 'Elevator':)

WHAT!!! You didn't!!! I'm shocked!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement