Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place to purchase a Judo Gi

• 01-01-2011 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy high quality Judo Gi's? I've torn a hole in the knee of my current Gi and figure now is as good a time as any to buy a new one. I'm in Cork myself but I'd be happy to buy online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

J2D2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy high quality Judo Gi's? I've torn a hole in the knee of my current Gi and figure now is as good a time as any to buy a new one. I'm in Cork myself but I'd be happy to buy online.

I don't know anywhere down in Cork, but you could ring Alan Martin @ 0862703220 and talk to him.

I've a few suits, and head and shoulders above anything I've worn is the Fight Films BLACK LABEL - even better than their more expensive Gold Label.

Its got a brushed cotton inside with sealed seams, and has not shrank.

I was recommended a Mizuno Shia - shrank like hell and was unwearable after only two washes.

Another really nice gi is a Norris, nice fitting and doesn't shrink but IMO its a little soft and doesn't last too last before the pants and jack start to rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

Cheers for that, I didn't have his number myself but that would probably be the best way to get my hands on a new gi.

the black label is nice, I think thats what I have at the moment and its lasted ages. I've not heard of Norris though, I might have a look into it.

thanks!

J2D2 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I didn't have his number myself but that would probably be the best way to get my hands on a new gi.

the black label is nice, I think thats what I have at the moment and its lasted ages. I've not heard of Norris though, I might have a look into it.

thanks!

The Norris is really nice, and you'll see alot of people wear them. Their a lovely fit, but I've had two and both pants tore and the collars fraided (is that the spelling?) pretty badly.

the Black Label is nice, Alan also does some nice DanRho Gi, they might be a little cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

the Black Label is nice, Alan also does some nice DanRho Gi, they might be a little cheaper.
    He does the DanRho Ultimate at for the same price (give or take) as the FF Black Label. I got one recently enough, it's the bee's-knees.

He does the DanRho Ultimate at for the same price (give or take) as the FF Black Label. I got one recently enough, it's the bee's-knees.

Cool, I've never owned one. But I've always like that they appear to maintain that stiff & hard to grip competition feel - but a whore on the fingers in training :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Cool, I've never owned one. But I've always like that they appear to maintain that stiff & hard to grip competition feel - but a whore on the fingers in training :mad:
    Jayzus you'd want to see the one I got before it - a Blitz Olympian. It's like a set of plate armour covered in sandpaper.

Jayzus you'd want to see the one I got before it - a Blitz Olympian. It's like a set of plate armour covered in sandpaper.

My FF Black Label is like that. I think the trick is NO fabric softener and AIR DRY, then iron.

Advertisement