Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to turn off the Blackboard emails?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the email notifications for blackboard announcements? They're clogging up my inbox and I don't want another semester of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just how many announcements are you getting? This sounds very strange. You won't often see the same course code running in both semesters, so semester 2 won't be like semester 1 in this regard.

If by "announcements" you mean email from other students, that's something else. Those aren't "announcements" in any official sense. Under Personal Information / Set Privacy Options / Email options, you can choose to stop students from sending you email. You can't stop instructors from sending you email, which is what I understand by "announcements". This is how they communicate essential information about the course - you want those emails to get through!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement