Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest chinese that delivers

• 01-01-2011 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Whats the nicest chinese in town that delivers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Had dinner with the OH and kids last night in Kongs on Dunmore road. Was very very nice indeed. Pretty sure they deliver. Not the least expensive for a sit down anyway ! Worth a try !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Johnny Jumbos on Ballybricken AFAIK do delivery now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Maybe I'm weird but I like to collect a takeout, especially if its a new place that I'm not sure about. Having a look-see at a place is worth alot when it comes to reassurance regarding hygiene etc! I've been in places before(not in wateford) where this was definitely a worthwhile exercise!
    My fave places are fans at the uluru and happy garden on the high street.

As I've stated before on another thread, a place that only does delivery is a big no no for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I have actually collected for the imperial garden on the cork road and its so nice I dont think ill risk getting it from anywhere else even though delivery would be handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I like Treasure Island on Ballybricken, never had a bad dish from them. They deliver for free once the order is over €9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Mandarin Palace in Ferrybank is top notch too, hilariously fast delivery !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Paddy..hilariously fast when you and me live in ferrybank! But you're right...you ring it. Take a piss. Ding dong! (excuse the racist pun!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Wongsons lads, no competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Woodgate wrote: »
    I like Treasure Island on Ballybricken, never had a bad dish from them.

That'd be my choice too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I had a wongsons through justeat.ie before and it was the worst Chinese I ever tasted. Got won tons too that didn't come with any sauce and apparently never does. Steer clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have favorites depending on what im ordering....

Duck Dishes - Wonsongs / Fan Dynasty (2 best places for duck in my opinion)
    Chow Mein - Treasure Inn Ballybricken
    Ribs - Blue Jade Barrack St.
    Spring Rolls - Panda House John St.
    S&S Chicken - Dragon Inn Barrack St.
    Deep Fried Won Ton - Panda House John St. / Dragon Inn Barrack St.
    Yung Chow Rice - Blue Jade Barrack St. (but you have to ask for it without onion ;-) )

Thats all i can think of right now.. but the point is that just cos one dish sucks in a restaurant dont mean that other stuff on their menu can not be brilliant.. some of the restaurants listed above fall down in other areas, so thats why i go where i go depending on the type of food im ordering...

hungry now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

Never got delivery from Wonsongs but a few of us ate in it on a few occasions. while working in Waterford. Top Notch. The Duck in Schezwan sauce is unreal. The starter platter has everything on it. Will be heading back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭munsterman2008

Blue Jade on Barrack st is lovely. Get the spicey chicken wings as a starter, you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

screw the chinese lads, try real asian food and not that poisonous stuff that the chinese wouldn't even look at. My favourite delivery is Pa Pa Thai behind the tower. they deliver and you can get the menu on www.justeat.ie. I was in thailand and this is the same food that we recieved over there. Give it a go and you wont eat chinese again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

screw the chinese lads, try real asian food and not that poisonous stuff that the chinese wouldn't even look at. My favourite delivery is Pa Pa Thai behind the tower. they deliver and you can get the menu on www.justeat.ie. I was in thailand and this is the same food that we recieved over there. Give it a go and you wont eat chinese again :)

yeah your right, the chinese fellas i live with are constantly cooking up delights, whether it be grease infested soup or lung stew. Believe me i've yet to see or taste one thing nice that they have cooked. its actually beyond horrible.
    P.s. they all eat in the local chinese and order the same dishes that you and I eat.

in a note lads
    Eastenders on the Quay, great great value for an Indian and absolutely delish, a load of us have tried it each having different tastes and no complaints out of anyone. No.1 takeaway in waterford atm in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

O Riain wrote: »
    yeah your right, the chinese fellas i live with are constantly cooking up delights, whether it be grease infested soup or lung stew. Believe me i've yet to see or taste one thing nice that they have cooked. its actually beyond horrible.
    P.s. they all eat in the local chinese and order the same dishes that you and I eat.

in a note lads
    Eastenders on the Quay, great great value for an Indian and absolutely delish, a load of us have tried it each having different tastes and no complaints out of anyone. No.1 takeaway in waterford atm in my opinion.

+1 for Eastenders. Nicest Indian I have ever had in Ireland or England.

Their Chicken Jalfrezi is some job and their Vindaloo is the nicest I have had anywhere. I love the cheese naans too, great for the dipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im not joking when I say this but I ordered a delivery takeaway from Pa Pa thai through just eat a few months ago and it was the worst most poor value for money take away I have ever gotten, never ever again, eastenders is great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Im not joking when I say this but I ordered a delivery takeaway from Pa Pa thai through just eat a few months ago and it was the worst most poor value for money take away I have ever gotten, never ever again, eastenders is great though

I just got them tonight after reading this thread. It was delicious! But not value for money, very expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I tried Pa Pa Thai once,and it is nothing like the food in Thailand.If it was all the Thai's would be overweight, I bet you didn't see many fat Thai's there did you ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement