Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way.....

• 01-01-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

i have an xbox slim with the 250 gb harddrive im looking to get a 2nd xbox for upstairs, im looking to get the arcade (not slim)

Is there a way I can use the hard drive from my new slim and put it in a regular arcade xbox?

If not can a attachment be bought so it can work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Its possible but it awkward. Wot u do is crack open the xbox 360 slim hard drive out of the sealed case. Then u will have to buy or if u have one the original xbox 360 case and connect it to that and put it in original 360 and it will work then take it back out of case and put it in slim but u will have to stuff something around the hard drive everytime as other wise hard drive would be flapping and over time the connections will more than likely break.
    So to answer ur question yes its possible but awkward.
    And i dont know if there is an adapter to make it easier but it wouldnt be hard for a company to make 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Think it would be easier to buy a 20gb hard drive

Got mine for 20euro probably cheaper on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

If your looking to move your gamertag between the two all you need is a usb stick. Otherwise your better with 2 hard drives

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK the port on a slim HD is just an ordinary 2.5 Sata one.
    So if ya got the adapter from an old 20 gig drive and used this on your silm drive when connecting up to the arcade it should work.
    No need to break the slim casing.

I have both and i'm pretty sure it would work.
    Didn't try it yet though....

Advertisement