Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Boards.

Options
  • 01-01-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I'd just like to ask a few questions
    1) Where can I get a good darts board in the south Dublin region?
    2) How much will it cost?
    3) What darts should I get. What weight?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Argos stocks the Unicorn Eclipse Pro for a sale price of €25.

I think there is also a board and cabinet combo which includes the Eclipse Pro for about €42, which is the price of the board normally.

Sorry I don't know if there is an Argos in south Dublin. :D I assume there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    Argos stocks the Unicorn Eclipse Pro for a sale price of €25.

I think there is also a board and cabinet combo which includes the Eclipse Pro for about €42, which is the price of the board normally.

Sorry I don't know if there is an Argos in south Dublin. :D I assume there is.

yea theres a few, Dun Laoghaire,DunDrum

about the weight of darts thats one thing no one can tell you what to get its all about how they feel to you, a good starter weight would be 24g and just see how they feel, for your first set though buy a cheap set to get use to the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

the Unicorn Eclipse Pro is probably the best board, go into Brenfer Trophies on Capel St theyre one of the best dart shops around you can try out the different weights and get a feel for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

If everyone here is honest

you'll pick up your first set of darts and think they are right and in a few months you'll start thinking maybe you'll try longer stems or shorter stems or pear flights etc etc

Like doubletop said, 24g is a good middleground, if you find the dart is consistently going off target your either throwing them too lightly or they are too light for your type of throw.

Pear shape flights are designed for a forceful thrower, standard flights will be best to start with.

see how your darts are landing in the board, you can modify this slightly with the length of the shaft and type of flight etc.

lots to consider

I would start

24g - Medium length shafts - standard flights

see how you go from there

and DEFINITELY get the eclipse pro, other boards are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

wouldn't buy a board from argos. Heard that they sell dud's. (rejects from other shops!) jjb sports in the square tallaght sell eclipse pro's for €30. Mikes bikes in dunlaoghaire sells them for about 35. There is loads of places selling them.

As for darts, something with a lot of grip and around 24g weight should be grand. (you can mess around with different flights and stems).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Any opinions?^^

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

BOHtox wrote: »
    Any opinions?^^

BOHtox are you a Bohs fan ? I would say go with the board as suggested previously by the lads on here. Pick up a surround for it too. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3026988/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports%2Band%2Bleisure%7C14419152/Trail/searchtext%3EDARTS.htm

I am indeed a bohs fan Minty. Cheers for the opinion also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

If you had to buy one of the 2 that you linked, the second is a Blade 3 board, the first in a hustler board, the Blade 3 would be better, I would suggest a Unicorn Eclipse Pro with a sponge surround, the board alone in argos would be about 27 quid and a sponge surround can vary depending on where you buy them from 20 - 60 euro.

for example
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0708333/Trail/searchtext%3EDARTS.htm
    €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Perhaps check Elvery's in Dundrum. Big sale on there I think they have 1 or 2 boards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Perhaps check Elvery's in Dundrum. Big sale on there I think they have 1 or 2 boards

In there a few days ago. Limited range of Unicorn stuff. There was a time when they stocked Harrows stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

• Argos (Unit 1, Nutgrove Retail Park, Nutgrove Ave, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14)
    • Sports Direct (Unit 11, Dundrum Retail Park, Sandyford Rd, Dundrum, Dublin 16)
    • Darts Corner (online retailer based in Northern Ireland with fast shipping to Dublin)
    1. The cost of a dartboard can vary depending on the quality and brand. On average, you can expect to pay between €30 and €70 for a good quality dartboard.
    2. The weight of the darts you should get depends on your personal preference and throwing style. A good starting weight for beginners is between 20g and 22g. However, it's worth trying out different weights to see what feels most comfortable for you. It's also important to choose darts with a grip that suits your throwing style, as some darts have smooth barrels while others have more texture for grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

I recently got back into throwing darts after 35-years. I currently have a Unicorn board hanging in my garage and have noticed that only after a month of use some of the holes left behind don't seem to heal shut, is this normal or do you folks have a recommendation for a better / different board ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Winmau boards are the best in my opinion. Either the Blade 5 or Blade 6. Unicorn boards were dropped by the PDC for being a bit rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bought the Blade 6 a few months ago, it's holding up pretty good so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭jacool

QQ - the young lad is into darts now. If I buy a board will it come with all the paraphernalia needed to wall mount it, or not? Thanks all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah it usually comes with a simple wall mount and screws. There are better options out there such as spring loaded wall mounts but the one that comes with the board does the job fine.

Advertisement