Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty Piranha

Options
  • 01-01-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Have any of you here ever surfed a Rusty Piranha board?

I was thinking of getting one, probably a 6'4 or a 6'6. From the blurb online, they seem to be a shortboard/fish hybrid suited to anything up to head high waves or mushy stuff but im just wondering if the waves do get bigger than head high then how will this board handle it? Will it be hard to keep stable on a bottom turn on a bigger wave and will it be too loose in general ?

see board here: http://www.tubes.ie/6/k/182/surf/hardware/surfboards/short-boards/rusty-piranha-6-4-quad-.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

I have one, its the 5' 10" Quad version. Im 5' 8", 10 stone and its perfect for me. I def would not have gone longer so the 6' 2" / 6' 4" version might be way too big for you. But I guess it depends on your height and ability. Fishs are supposed to be ridden shorter than your shortboard and I read somewhere that if you're a really good surfer your fish should be shorter than your height.

I think its a deadly board. Really good in weak surf for catching waves so would be perfect as a summer board. Ive used it at overhead reef breaks and its savage. I hated it at first and was gonna sell it, but after a few times I got used to it. The quad setup gives the board a completely different feel from my shortboard. The tail is WAY looser and slides all over the place till you get used to it, but when you do its wicked. The board is crazy fast letting you make sections you usually wouldn't, and you can hold a higher line on the wave. It is a rocket!

If you are are a good surfer Id reccomend the shorter version with the quad setup. But if you are improving probably better getting it with the tri fin setup.

Advertisement