Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

web cam

• 01-01-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

think somebody is usuing our webcam while working !
    is there a way of the computer automaticly recording it every time its turned on? philips ordinary one

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

blingrhino wrote: »
    think somebody is usuing our webcam while working !
    is there a way of the computer automaticly recording it every time its turned on? philips ordinary one

If you know what application they use to access the webcam, i.e. MSN messenger, Skype etc, then you could use something like EventGhost to prompt some screen recording software to start silently recording the screen whenever MSN / Skype / whatever is used.

Most webcam accessing software shows both the sending and receiving webcam feeds, so you should be able to catch your employee in the nip chatting to someone else who is in the nip, then use this video footage to blackmail them for a decrease in their wage package etc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

If you know what application they use to access the webcam, i.e. MSN messenger, Skype etc, then you could use something like EventGhost to prompt some screen recording software to start silently recording the screen whenever MSN / Skype / whatever is used.

Most webcam accessing software shows both the sending and receiving webcam feeds, so you should be able to catch your employee in the nip chatting to someone else who is in the nip, then use this video footage to blackmail them for a decrease in their wage package etc :pac:
    So what you're saying is when I 'talk' with girls on Skype I can record the feed somehow?

MyKeyG wrote: »
    So what you're saying is when I 'talk' with girls on Skype I can record the feed somehow?

lol, yes. There are numerous websites of recordings of girls "talking" on webcam. These are my favourite websites on the internets.

Free desktop recording program: (relevant to the first post as well as recording "talking" girls.)
    http://camstudio.org/

Well this thread has taken an unexpected tangent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yes, just be careful you're not talking with both hands, or you won't be able to start the recording. :p

http://www.renjusblog.com/2010/01/freeware-record-skype-video-audio-calls.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

oh dear, I hope my mother-in- law doesn't notice I have setup her webcam pointing into her bedroom

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    yes, just be careful you're not talking with both hands, or you won't be able to start the recording. :p

http://www.renjusblog.com/2010/01/freeware-record-skype-video-audio-calls.html
    LOL, don't worry I have 'talking' on Skype off to an art:P

Well this thread has taken an unexpected tangent.
    Has it though, really? LOL

You f***ing legend! A lady friend of mine in New Zealand will love this. She loves to 'talk' on Skype.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

thxs guys i have downloaded eventghost
    now what do i do???????
    theres a million applications of logs and configaration trees but none say webcam or vlounge
    what to do??

thxs

Start a new Eventghost configuration file.

File > New.

In the blank configuration add the plug-in "Create Task/Swtich Events". This will be added under "Autostart".

This plugin monitors all applications, and fires events when they open, get focus, have focus removed and are closed.

Open and close a few different applications and you will see the various events in the log to the left.

What you will want to do is find some silent desktop recording software, which runs in the background. Using EventGhost create a macro which opens this software once the application you think is being used for webcam is opened.

An easier way would be to just start recording when Windows starts and stop after a certain period of time, say 1 or 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

thxs des but im a bit of a useless tit when t comes to this
    wats a macro?
    still cant find "webcam "in the applications

blingrhino wrote: »
    thxs des but im a bit of a useless tit when t comes to this
    wats a macro?
    still cant find "webcam "in the applications

Do you have any idea of what program is being used to access the Webcam? If it is something web based (i.e. opens inside a web browser) then there's no real point in using event ghost to start and stop recording, as a web browser is probably going to be used all the time so it would be easier to just record the entire session (assuming there is enough free space on the hard drive)

I might be able to throw together a config file to get you started if I have time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

You f***ing legend! A lady friend of mine in New Zealand will love this. She loves to 'talk' on Skype.:D
    pics video or GTFO! :pac::pac::pac::D

Advertisement