Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Things you are looking forward to in 2011

Options
  • 01-01-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Happy New Year !

Its a brand new year, so just wondering if you have any special things you are looking forward to in it ?

Any concerts, holidays, big events , small events, weddings, parties or anything special ?

For me - just going into Springtime , the days getting longer, knowing that the shortest days are behind us, and every day the sun is getting higher and warmer. All the plants coming back to life, and looking out for the "firsts" : first daffodils, first snowdrops, first people cutting their lawns :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I always love Summer so looking forward to bright evenings :)

Hoping to buy my first car in Feb/March this year - been using the mothers old banger and while I love it, I just want my own!

Heading to Liverpool with the missus for a Europa league game in February too and hoping to go for a holiday in the summer for the first time in 2years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

:D Doing some travelling

:D Hopefully getting into my 3 year long course to study Beauty Therapy

:D Having many wonderful times with my boyfriend

:D Getting fit and loads more healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

- moving back to canada! (as soon as i can afford to)
    - taking more photos of awesome things
    - spring!
    - summer!
    - spending time with people i care about most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Stevo1011

Hi

so decided this year that i would make an effort to meet new people and set upa profile on plenty of fish,

now it wont let me log back in, ive read through the help guide and nothing is working, does anyone use this site and have any tips?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stevo1011 wrote: »
    Hi

so decided this year that i would make an effort to meet new people and set upa profile on plenty of fish,

now it wont let me log back in, ive read through the help guide and nothing is working, does anyone use this site and have any tips?

thanks

It's pretty clear that this isn't the right place for such a query.
    Read the charter before posting again please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Getting married on 4th March and i can not wait for that....then the honeymoon...dont know what after that as i have only been focusing on the wedding thus far, but im sure there will be loads more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Getting qualified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I'm looking forward to leaving Canada after 6 months and heading home to the woman I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Earning loads of money and hitting the target for my savings before I go away.

Doing a TEFL course and hopefully finding a job somewhere in Japan or the likes.

Going to my brothers wedding which is set for August.

My Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Australia. I've always wanted to go and now me and friends from college are going for a month in April :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Going home and seeing my friends and family for the first time in 2 years!! 10 weeks and counting!

Plus, im getting married in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

USC! Finally I get to contribute to the running of this great country of ours! Yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

I have at least one family wedding to go to.
    My birthday.
    Finishing my degree.

And, fingers crossed getting a job! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Looking forward to getting properly fit. I'll be 25 this year and have not been fit at all since i left school, training the last 4 months and its finally starting to pay off, hoping to do a lot more work on that this year.

Looking forward to living without any wants. I've always wanted cars, spent lots of money on a few of my cars but now with less money around i really don't care for those things any more.

Looking forward to learning how to play the guitar, i got it 2 years ago for christmas and only started playing it two days ago, learnt myself 3 chords so its a start at least :)

Looking forward to spending more time with my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Springtime. Everything that happens during that season fills me with joy, birdsong, flowers, sunshine, warmer weather, longer days... that's guaranteed to brighten me up, especially after all the horrible winter weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Wife giving birth to our 1st child in March ...please god :D

Getting fit, I am running a half marathon in May.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Leaving Kosovo for good in May.

Heading to India in June!

Going back to college in September, but get to work with some great people while I'm there.

And moving into my grandmother's old house and making it home!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm moving on the first of February. I actually cannot wait. I've been living in apartments for the last three years and they were lovely and stuff, but I'm getting a house this time, with stairs and a garden and more than one bedroom! I'm so excited, it's ridiculous! (:

Plus, I'm gonna adopt a puppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I'm moving in with my boyfriend who's also my best friend :)

Getting a car :)

Travelling, spending time with friends and family, long evenings, summer, walks on the beach with the dog.....ooh I've got butterflies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twixaroo

Spring time! Love when the evenings start to get a bit longer. Peoples spirits always seem to lift a little when Spring arrives. Love being around the college in Spring!
    Finishing my degree, doing a tefl course and heading off working hopefully.. Going to see the Script in July, few stags and weddings too. Plenty to look forward to! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Finishing my H.Dip in Primary Education in August, Holidays in Spain (or anywhere), Electric Picnic... and college freedom in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moving out of the family home soon, and running 3 marathons (Barcelona, Connemara, Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Looks like 2011 is gonna be a helluva a lot better than 2010. Ive had more luck in january this year than i had all of last year.

It just keeps getting better and better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Going to Milan in June to see System of a Down!! Yes! Can't wait:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DiamondEyez

i can't wait to see My Chemical Romance in the 16th Feb........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

And DiamondEyez don't forget that guy that you won't talk to who'll be there... the one who you fancy and who i think fancys you even more!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

My one-way ticket to Chile next week! Ireland is wonderful and I'll miss it so much, but it's time to get out in to the world and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Do alot more travelling this year, have a few concerts to go too aswell and my birthday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

I'm looking forward to a single summer! :D

Also we have Mam & Dads 30th wedding anniversary, Grandad is 80, Brother is 30 and getting married, and mam is 50! Plenty of parties and celebrations :D

My birthday is going to be a good one too, I hope.

Have a couple of trips planned also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement