Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2010 - Rock Album of the Year

Options
  • 01-01-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Unlike the metal album of the year, this category was a landslide victory for We're Here Because We're Here by Anathema. I must admit I hadn't heard anything by this band before but I will definitely check them out properly.

Honourable mentions to Slash's solo album and to Pins & Needles by The Birthday Massacre which nobody voted for except me :).

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never listened to them but I like the sound of those 2 songs so might give the album a try.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Worthy winner .... defo my fav album of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

As said above definately best album of the year - well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm just getting around to having a listen to this album and I have to say I quite like it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Malice_ wrote: »
    I'm just getting around to having a listen to this album and I have to say I quite like it so far.

They performed most of that album in An Cruiscin Lan last month, it was a great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

They performed most of that album in An Cruiscin Lan last month, it was a great night.
    I'll add that to the list of good gigs that I missed in Cork then :).

Advertisement