Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2010 - Band of the Year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ever since I properly gave this band a listen I've been absolutely hooked. Their music is strangely addictive and they have just blown my mind.

Seeing them this year was one of the best gigs, if not my personal favourite gig of all time. Stellar set list, and immaculate performance. I cannot praise them enough.

Glad to see them chosen as band of the year!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Started listening to them last December and easily rate them as my favourite band at the moment. Steve Wilson is nothing less than a genius, though every member of the band is immensely talented in their own way. Couldn't believe it when I heard they were playing here, which was an outstanding performance, probably rate it as the best I've been too. Well deserved winners :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Excellent choice. Fantastic band and easily the band who gets most "air time" on my iPod for the last 2 yrs ... brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

I had been on an extensive search for new music when I saw an interesting album cover and artist name posted (by ScienceNerd, cheers for that :D) in the 'album of the week' thread about six months ago. The album was of course Deadwing by Porcupine Tree.

Sometimes I find it hard to describe exactly why I like a particular sound, but I'll say that the whole Deadwing feel/tone and wide ranging lyrical content fitted into precisely what I was looking for. It still sounds fresh as I listen to it while typing this post.

I snapped up a ticket once I heard they were playing here and vouched to familiarize myself with as much of their catalogue as I could. It was a superb night in Tripod which left me with only one regret on my Porcupine Tree journey so far; failing to see them perform Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.

Maybe next time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

^^ I was the same with Arriving Somewhere, but it was gonna be that or Trains performed for the encore, I couldn't decide which one I wanted :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Absolutely delighted to see them get this. Definitely one of the most under-rated bands I know. Think was Galwayrush who put them more into my focus in late 2007/early 08, so has been an epic voyage since (dont say 34:p). Amazing to see them in Dublin amongst the other locations I've seen them...cant believe its been 5 times since 08.

On the subject of Steven...he'll be a busy man this year: Blackfield 3 coming out in MArch, second solo album in September, and his work with Mikael Akerfeldt before the year is out:D

Advertisement