Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC handset replacement question

Options
  • 01-01-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

My phone service is from UPC and I am using their standard Siemens handset that they provided. I would like to replace it with a better phone with more than one handset (i.e. main phone and base plugged into the UPC router and a phone in the bedroom that connects wirelessly to the base station). I was going to try and pick one up in Argos. Just wondering if there are specific types of phones you have to purchase to ensure they will work with UPC/

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I believe any 'standard' phone will work with the base station. Once it have a RJ11 type connector which all phones sold in the Rep. should have either on the main cable or as an adapter.
    How your gonna split the connector on the cable modem is another question :) seems like you have already solved that though

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdelahunty

Thanks for the response. However, what do you mean by "How your gonna split the connector on the cable modem is another question"

I plan on replacing the UPC phone and no longer using it - would this not just mean I have to plug the new phone into where the UPC phone was originally connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

pdelahunty wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. However, what do you mean by "How your gonna split the connector on the cable modem is another question"

I plan on replacing the UPC phone and no longer using it - would this not just mean I have to plug the new phone into where the UPC phone was originally connected?

Ah, sorry thought yea wanted to have the old phone and the new on.
    What you wanna do will just be a plug in solution so.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdelahunty

Now the owner of a decent set of handsets that does everything we need and it is working perfectly with our UPC broadband - thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We just use a regular DECT radio set. So get phones all over the house connected to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement