Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2010 - Irish Band of the Year

Options
  • 01-01-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

This category also features a tie with Therapy and God is an Astronaut getting three votes each. Personally I only started listening to God is an Astronaut this year so I'll give the award to them :). I was quite surprised that I had taken so long to come across them but also that they are quite unknown here despite the fact that they are undeniably brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Another band I've only gotten into this year.

Got into them through a friend who sent me the cool video below which had Suicide by Star over clips of 2001: A Space Odyssey

I thought it was awesome and that's how I started listening to them. Then went to their gig in the Academy and was impressed how well it they sounded live. Great Irish band and I hope they continue to gain success

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Another band I've only gotten into this year.

Got into them through a friend who sent me the cool video below which had Suicide by Star over clips of 2001: A Space Odyssey

I thought it was awesome and that's how I started listening to them. Then went to their gig in the Academy and was impressed how well it they sounded live. Great Irish band and I hope they continue to gain success
    You're welcome :D Interestingly I saw that video through somebodies link in their sig on here :p

A genuinely amazing band, something totally different to what I'd usually listen to (Though as a result I've started listening to similar). Their gig at the academy was excellent, one of the best I've been to. Happy to see they're adding someone for keyboard/synth duties instead of sharing i between them. Really looking forward to hearing their new stuff with a supposedly new sound.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Been my favourite band for about 4 years now. Absolutely love them. The end of the begining is probably my favourite debut album by any band :rolleyes:
    Saw them at The Adademy too but i thought Caspian were a little better that night as i've seen Giaa 6 or 7 times now and i had been wanting to see Caspian for a long time. :o
    Another great Irish band are Butterfly explosion

Can't wait to hear the new stuff and with the extra member hopefully they'll play more of the older stuff live.
    P.s you guys should Check out "Collapse under the empire" or "Exxasens"... Both on youtube, Myspace... Highly recommended if you like Giaa. :pac:

Rant over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I must be the only person who voted for Gama Bomb

Advertisement