Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignments? come to a standstill?

• 01-01-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has everyone decided not to do them anymore? I don't think its due to the holidays either because the latest one finished before christmas....

Have people lost interest or is there a reason i've missed somewhere hwy there is none currently running. :confused:

P.S. i see the "challenge" has stopped too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'd love to see another challenge! :) I've not entered anything before! Might try my hand at some fancy stuff for the new year with my lovely little camera! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Think it may have had something to do with the terrible weather over the last month. Was hard getting out with a camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

Hi all

just discovered photo challenge existed would love to enter a picture will need help have not discovered how to upload one yet so i really hope its not disbanded, people don't let a good thing go have seen some pictures entered in previous challenges great shots not just the voted winners

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

...it just seems that pete4130 never announced the 51st assignment for 2010... Not sure if it would be fair to contact him and ask him to 're-start' or skip him and start from scratch...:o Are there any rules for this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

Think maybe Pete has been away. Always fairest to give people benefit of the doubt no!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

NooSixty wrote: »
    Think maybe Pete has been away. Always fairest to give people benefit of the doubt no!?!?

Well if anyone would know if pete's been gone it'd be you :p, maybe if he is going to be gone for another while could you start a new assignment for him maybe? then again we have waited a few weeks now, so another few days won't hurt.....

It had better be a dam good title now after waiting this long :pac:

Pete is quite happy to let someone else start a new topic. Maybe the person who had the next highest votes?? Or maybe just start afresh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Pete is quite happy to let someone else start a new topic. Maybe the person who had the next highest votes?? Or maybe just start afresh??

Heh perhaps the challenge could fall on your shoulders?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Heh perhaps the challenge could fall on your shoulders?!

God that is way too much responsibility for me :p Will have to get Pete to pull his finger out......

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Will have to get Pete to pull his finger out......

Ah, so that's what's been keeping him busy......;)

Ah, so that's what's been keeping him busy......;)

:eek: I have said too much..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Who appointed one person to run these? Shouldn't anyone be allowed to start one up, or is it restricted to the same people every time?

Who appointed one person to run these? Shouldn't anyone be allowed to start one up, or is it restricted to the same people every time?

Well considering Pete won the last one it is up to him or are we making up rules now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Jup, like Noosixty said, like the last 50 challenges or so, the winner gets to pick the new theme. So we'll just wait for Pete to announce what he has in mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've been busy the past few weeks getting ready to head to the southern hemisphere so not had time to have any input. Whoever else wants to take over go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Right so, garden snapper can call it. If he/she doesn't, it's up to PullandBang. Stay tuned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Advertisement