Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to look for work

Options
  • 01-01-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey all

Myself and my fiance plan on moving to wexford in the coming weeks, and to tide us over she plans to look for work such as cleaning or child minding. Could anyone recommend any local papers, notice boards etc that could help with this??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    Hey all

Myself and my fiance plan on moving to wexford in the coming weeks, and to tide us over she plans to look for work such as cleaning or child minding. Could anyone recommend any local papers, notice boards etc that could help with this??

Thanks in advance

From personal experience I found County Wexford to be an unemployment blackspot during the Celtic Tiger and now it's a wasteland. Unless you have an overiding reason for moving here I would strongly advise against it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Where in wex are ye heading.

Any work experience in these or other areas

Why cant you tide things over:P

Might know of something part time, will let you know.

edit:
    regarding papers etc, there are very few jobs in the local rags, the thomas moore tavern in wexford are looking for experienced staff.

FAS website can be good and if you are enterprising enough to walk the town for a few days dropping well presented CV's, you might get lucky. There will always be work, albeit at the lower end of the pay scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭alanclarke1975

In fairness - its true

If you are moving to Wexico to look for work - think again.

There is no industry.

Its a gateway to the UK and France (ie Rosslare port)

Thats it... honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theforum

Work is hard to find anywhere but keep looking and hopefully you'll find something.

Local papers for Wexford town:

Wexford People
    Wexford Echo ...both of these should be available in Easons and there are other versions of these papers for the other towns in Wexford.

Free papers:

South East Voice
    County Wexford Free press ... you'll just have to pick these up when your down there. Available from shops in the town.

Other:

Look at the notice board in various shops: Pettitts, Dunnes Stores and Tesco and try your luck.

You could also put an add in some of the locals saying what your willing to do.

Best of luck with it and welcome to Wexford!

Advertisement