Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Vodafone Wireless router for Eircom?

• 01-01-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I picked up a vodafone wireless router second hand. The guy in the shop reckoned that it should work with eircom broadband. However, I haven't been able to find any options for configuring the route to use eircom's isp. The configuration options are very high level. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

vetinari wrote: »
    Hi all, I picked up a vodafone wireless router second hand. The guy in the shop reckoned that it should work with eircom broadband. However, I haven't been able to find any options for configuring the route to use eircom's isp. The configuration options are very high level. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

If it has already been set up for Vodafone then the only settings you need to change are the username and password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's of any use the reverse can be done because there was a delay shipping my Vodafone modem so I tried the old Eircom modem and it worked no prob. As the previous poster said I needed to change the userid and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

dub45 wrote: »
    If it has already been set up for Vodafone then the only settings you need to change are the username and password.

Thanks this worked. What caught me out initially was that I needed to log on a an admin to the router. With the vodafone user you don't see the advanced setup tab.

Advertisement