Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

symptoms of pregnancy?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

any pics of the little ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

hey guys, thanks a mill for all the lovely posts!
    they're all doing really well, the pups are getting sooo big! weighed them last night and they range from a girl @ 400g to the biggest fella @700g!
    just keep putting the small girl (I just call her baby!) at the back of nelly where she's producing most milk, the biggest guy is an absolute heifer and will literally bulldoze his way through the rest of them!:D

I need to get my camera charged 'cos the camera on my phone is crap but I'll definately try to have pics up by weekend:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi magentas,

how are the pups getting on now? My foster dog is pregnant at the min, she is about 5/6 weeks we think so a bit to go yet. Any pics?

Some great advice on this thread!

hey guys, haven't been on here in ages...a household of 9 dogs has been keeping us busy lately!
    The pups are turning into proper little dogs now, they're over 6weeks old and almost ready for rehoming now

I'm trying to get them rehomed locally in the Galway area. If homes can't be found for them here within the next 2weeks, they may have to be sent to a shelter like Dogs Trust in the UK where they would be homed straight away. I'm hoping it won't come to that and we can get them good homes here.

They will be staying here with me until their new homes have been found, however the adoption will ultimately be done through MADRA and I've emailed photos/description etc. so should be going up on their website tomorrow hopefully
    www.madra.ie

So if anyone knows of any nice people looking for a beautiful collie pup please PM!
    Thanks to everyone here for all the lovely comments and oh-so-helpful advise before, during and after pups were born:);)

They really are special little pups, every day I see them changing, growing and developing. Each has their own personality and ways!
    Nelly is back to herself now, once the pups were fully weaned and not looking to feed off her anymore she was happy. I think Rory will miss them more than anything, he loves playing with them!

I know it's almost time for them to go but I am going to miss them so so much:(
    It's been an amazing experience and the house is going to be a lot quieter when they're gone.
    Rocky will be moving to his new home in 2weeks times and my main priority now is to find loving homes for Billy, Cookie, Dominoe, Baby, Oreo and Buddy:)

2dd832c9f1dbe10d40eb6f663e4a912d31e7670b68880f1345b9074c023f9f535g.jpg
    the girls, from top left, Dominoe, Baby, Cookie and Oreo

the boys, Billy & Buddy
    29d8dabbf57ae7420092390bb04795666990a8e211bd9b175026c61dc03df4b45g.jpgcfced7cd3cc672345b421491b43d70b8bf48fb36bbee44804655747c877935825g.jpg
    Rocky (pup) with Rory & Nell
    ?dmddxighokrnkll?dmddxighokrnkll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Wow they are gorgeous little things! Between that and having a look at madra.ie (hadn't heard of it before) - my heart is breaking!

You've done a brilliant job - the pups and their mum look so healthy and happy. Wish I was in a position to rehome one (through the proper channels of course) but it would take a lot of persuading here at home.

Well done and keep us posted on their rehoming!

Catherine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Excuse me a moment: *SQUEE!OMGCUTEPUPPIES!!!*

They are beautiful! Fair play to you, magentas, the universe obviously knew what it was doing when the mum found her way to you because they are clearly well cared for and look at them up there on the couch, awww!! *turns into sap*

Hows the rehoming going Magentas?

I'm fawning over them on madra.ie and my heart is absolutely melting! Particularly over Dominoe and Cookie (I think!).

So beautiful, especially the mad black and white streaks - I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

magentas wrote: »
    2dd832c9f1dbe10d40eb6f663e4a912d31e7670b68880f1345b9074c023f9f535g.jpg
    the girls, from top left, Dominoe, Baby, Cookie and Oreo

the boys, Billy & Buddy
    29d8dabbf57ae7420092390bb04795666990a8e211bd9b175026c61dc03df4b45g.jpgcfced7cd3cc672345b421491b43d70b8bf48fb36bbee44804655747c877935825g.jpg
    Rocky (pup) with Rory & Nell
    ?dmddxighokrnkll?dmddxighokrnkll

did you get all these re-homed or are you still looking?

messrs wrote: »
    did you get all these re-homed or are you still looking?
    haven't been on here in ages and just saw this now, sorry!
    We've been let down a couple of times, if everyone that said they were definately interested had followed through on their word (after homechecks and everything:mad:) all the pups would have been re-homed twice by now.
    Unfortunately, that wasn't to be and we still have 3 pups looking for homes.

PM me if you are interested or have a look on madra.ie adoption section as the pups are being homed through them. Where abouts are you messrs?
    Cookie, Buddy and Dominoe are still looking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

haven't been on here in ages and just saw this now, sorry!
    We've been let down a couple of times, if everyone that said they were definately interested had followed through on their word (after homechecks and everything:mad:) all the pups would have been re-homed twice by now.
    Unfortunately, that wasn't to be and we still have 3 pups looking for homes.

PM me if you are interested or have a look on madra.ie adoption section as the pups are being homed through them. Where abouts are you messrs?

Thats really sad, but I had the same problem with a litter of pups that I had in September, I kept one:rolleyes: and we rehomed one other one in Ireland, the rest took the boat to a husky rescue in the UK. (husky crosses, not pb, although I don't think that would have made a difference). The homes just aren't out there, even for pups.

Best of luck finding them new homes. And well done again for looking after mum and pups so well:D

No way! I can't believe Dominoe and Cookie are still looking. Those are the two I'm absolutely in love with! God I would adore rehoming one of those little guys but it would definitely be a battle at home! Keep us posted and good luck.

ISDW wrote: »
    Thats really sad, but I had the same problem with a litter of pups that I had in September, I kept one:rolleyes: and we rehomed one other one in Ireland, the rest took the boat to a husky rescue in the UK. (husky crosses, not pb, although I don't think that would have made a difference). The homes just aren't out there, even for pups.

Best of luck finding them new homes. And well done again for looking after mum and pups so well:D
    well I tried but you're right, unfortunately. The homes just aren't out there.
    Two more pups left tonight they will be on their way to UK in the morning. I know they HAD to go, they're 11wks old now and they needed to go for their own sake. It just breaks my heart to think of the poor pets making such a long journey because they're not wanted here. I was in bits handing them over tonight:(:(:(

Seven super pups. Baby and Oreo went to a small private shelter in the UK 2wks ago and have been re-homed and the lady that runs the shelter has kept me fully updated on their progress via e-mails which is great.

Rocky has become a BIFFO! my brother is over the moon with him and one is rarely seen without the other now!

Buddy went to a lovely family in Galway and settled in straight away, making himself at home but pulling out of everything in the sitting room when we dropped him out!

Billy and Cookie went tonight and will be going to Dogs Trust UK.

Domino should have went to but I just couldn't give her away. She's just so sweet and calm and friendly. Proper little lady. She is so special.
    We've decided to christen her Lola. It's short and snappy and suits her down to the ground cos she's a little heartbreaker like Jean Harlows character Lola in the movie Bombshell!:D

No way! I can't believe Dominoe and Cookie are still looking. Those are the two I'm absolutely in love with! God I would adore rehoming one of those little guys but it would definitely be a battle at home! Keep us posted and good luck.
    Tell me about it! People rang specifally looking for Domino and Cookie, they were both booked but fell through. Poor Domino was booked for a week and I had to turn two people down that were looking for girls because they were both booked only to arrive home one day to a message saying that they'd changed their mind and taken a dog advertised in a shop:rolleyes::(
    such a let down.

Anyway, I love all the pups but always felt there was something very special about Domino and decided to keep her so I believe it was her destiny to stay with us! We're calling her Lola, she's been with us since birth so I've gotten to know her personality pretty well and I think Lola is perfect for her!
    it's so cool that she was born in our home and will hopefully spend the rest of her life here with us, her mum and Rory:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Anyway, I love all the pups but always felt there was something very special about Domino and decided to keep her so I believe it was her destiny to stay with us! We're calling her Lola, she's been with us since birth so I've gotten to know her personality pretty well and I think Lola is perfect for her!
    it's so cool that she was born in our home and will hopefully spend the rest of her life here with us, her mum and Rory:)

That's how I felt about the two pups I kept from Rosie's litter. With Meg, here was something about her from the start that I really took to and now two months shy of her third birthday, she's my constant shadow and 'best friend'. With Jack, it was more that there was something about his personality that I thought was a bit stand offish, a bit 'odd' but not in a bad way, and I decided to keep him myself because I knew that if his owners didn't understand him, he wouldn't thrive. He's the most stubborn, loyal, crazy, adorable, smart dog I've ever come across - I believe he's part staff - and I am more convinced than ever that if I hadn't kept him, he'd have ended up with people who weren't ready for his brand of hardcoreness and he'd never have had the chance to be the great dog that he is.

All that may sound crazy but I firmly believe that when you meet the dog or dogs that are meant for you, you know it straight away. And they know it too. When I picked Rosie in the pound, there was something about her eyes that makes me think that she picked me too. People who don't like dogs may not get it, but you just can't fight that kind of thing.

magentas, I wish you, Lola, Rory and their mum all the health and happiness in the world and a wonderful life together! You'll have post photos. We need to see more Lola as she grows up!

Advertisement