Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malitaria Forum Promoting Neo Nazism

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but insinuating members of a forum are Neo Nazis is a slippery slope you do not want to go down.

Slander I say - Slander!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Post them up Gandalf - I would like to see them. On the other side of hecoin I have a VietCong medal here somewhere I will post also.

LOL no piccies at the moment but have a full set of M1956 webbing, US Helmet, M1911a leather shoulder holster. Have various uniform badges and a Green Beret cap badge.

These were bought for airsoft re-enactment and not militaria purposes. I also have airsoft replica M16a1vn rifle, M1911a Colt, M79 Grenade Launcher. I guess under the OP's standards that makes me a warmonger!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭MedalFuhrer

Not to be pedantic but the Swatiska is a symbol of peace, prosperity and godo health. You will find it carved in stone in monuments and religious temples, religious books, etc. a 1000 years old all over China, etc. The Nazi's perverted this symbol to one opposite to it's true meaning. I always wonder if Adolf done this deliberately as he was seriously into his symbolology. The lightening bolt "SS" font for example is from the Swedish Viking font as the Vikings were a "pure warrior race". So anyone writing in old Viking script is also a Nazi?! ;-)

On many Celtic high crosses around Ireland there are also Swatiskas, albeit Celtic ones. Many races believed this symbol to be one of great peaceful meaning and power in a spiritual sense.
    Infact in Zakopane in Poland, ironically the Swastika was the regions symbol of luck and good fortune 100s of years before the Nazis and Commies invaded in 1939.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There is a huge demand for nazi militaria among Jewish collectors. They see it as part of their history, something worth remembering. It's quite difficult to throw the accusation of neo-nazism at them. For a lot of us the bad guys are at least as interesting as the victors.

Don't confuse interest in something and agreeing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Mousey- wrote: »
    1. the swastika was made germanys national flag, like the stars and stripes of america or the irish tri colour, hence the reason it was adorned everywhere in germany at the time.

swastika is still exclusivly remembered as a nazi emblem and i dont think that will change.

Nice pics. I still have an old receipt somewhere from the Swastika Laundries. Found it in a second hand book as a bookmarker. Have it in a folder somewhere nicely preserved. Did they promise to "blitz" your laundry? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nice avatar Preusse!.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

aoshea83 wrote: »
    And just in case you missed this in your research OP :rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

So hey, the swastika, while associated with the nazi regime it is actually an ancient symbol of luck, but hey, you knew that right!
    The symbol, yes, but I think that the only the Nazi one is "upright" on a corner?

=-=

Also, OP, please be aware that the stealth technology was invented first by the Germans during WW2. So anytime you see a B2 Spirit stealth bomber, please remember that this, and many more awesome things (such as Nasas rockets used to get to the moon) were all thanks to the German military of WW2.

Just because it was invented, written, or made by the germans in WW2, doesn't mean it's some symbol of the neo-Nazis...
    Nice avatar Preusse!.
    Regarding this topic, I giggled at yours :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

the_syco wrote: »

Regarding this topic, I giggled at yours :P :D

Subtle to the nth degree.

Never thought I'd say that about a bloke in a singlet;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Right, I think everyone's made their point now at this stage and the OP has hopefully been disavowed of any notions that Boards harbours a network of neo-Nazis. So seeing as we've veered off into discussing what people have in their collections and avatars, I think it's probably time to close this one. OP, if there's anything you feel the need to add just PM me and I'll re-open the thread for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement