Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will You Age Naturally?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

At the rip old age of 24 I've already had some plastic surgery so no I won't be ageing naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Definitely won´t be getting cut up or cosmetic surgery. I plan to take really good care of myself and be one of those older women who age naturally but still look really classy and sexy. I feel that you really can´t hold back the hands of time and one day you´re either going to look like Cher or else BAM! old age will kick in all of a sudden and there won´t be that slow progression into old age when you just things take their course and you´ll end of up literally getting the shock of a lifetime and so will those around you. I´d say I wouldn´t be able to handle either.

Plus I can´t see myself ever being in a position to be able to afford it.

I´m dying my naturally blonde hair red this year anyway for a change and if it looks good, I might stick with it..I had red hair in my mid-twenties and it really suited me...

But whatever everyone wants to do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'm mid-30s. Started dying my hair in my early 20s and underneath the pretence I am now significantly grey. I will not be revealing this to the general public until I'm in my mid-50s as it's not an elegant grey, more unkempt badger than silver fox.

Other than that, no, I probably won't be faking anything. I've a few lines but have my mother's skin which ages well once we stay out of the sun. My boobs have started to droop a bit, but I love them and won't be needing anything more than decent underwear. Bodywise - I've quite a few extra kgs on me but we're mid-family-making so I'm not too bothered by that right now - plenty of expanding and contracting to be done in the next few years, all going well. Body shape will become an issue once we're done, I don't want to be dumpy and middle-aged at 40, plan to live a long and healthy life full of family and dogs and travels. I don't really care if I have a few wrinkles and wobbly bits along for the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Jeanette Haynes

Everyone to their own! if you are happy to grow old without any intervention - then good for you! If you look in the mirror and what you see just doesnt reflect how you feel - then a little help might do wonders for your self confidence. How you feel as you age is a very personal experience so I dont think we should judge people. I am happy with a little help as it makes me feel good - and when I look and feel good, I am good with others! However prevention is always better then cure - so if its your appearance your worried about as you age - protect your skin with and SPF daily and give up the cigarettes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Stacey London fro What Not To Wear USA is a perfect example of how a woman going grey can still look beautiful. I just admire how she hasn't dyed over that strip of grey! :)

baltimorestylestacylondon.jpg

gal_silver_06.jpg

I've quite a few greys already since I've been about 17 but I admittedly run a bit of dye through my roots, same colour as my natural hair, to cover them up as I'm still quite young. I'd say I'll stop doing this eventually but not in my 20s.

I won't go the plastic surgery route defo and I won't be spending a fortune on different anti-aging creams. A few wrinkles can be sexy imo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

If you have the money for surgery then go for it, when you reach a certain age (and thats whenever you feel like things are beginning to drop and wrinkle) then theres no harm in getting a little bit done imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

I won't go with plastic surgery or botox, but I would probably dye my hair. So I'd age semi-naturally - nothing wrong with a few laughter lines, they show character :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I've been dying my hair for years, for fun :), so I imagine I'll keep doing it when I go grey too! As for the oul nip/tuck - I don't think I'd go there.

Advertisement