Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plinkett Revenge of the Sith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I liked this review, but it wasn't as good as TPM or AOTC reviews. I expected him to say a little more about the Palpatine/Yoda duel. All in all, three outstanding reviews though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Mainly just a lot of nitpicks in what is essentially a half-decent movie so overall the review was a big drop on those of ep1 and ep2 - mainly for lack of material.

However, it was right on the money about 2-shot scenes of actors walking/sitting being totally flat and essentially being the ruination of the movies. Ever since TPM the 'acting' scenes have always beeing something I always thought felt was 'wrong' but couldn't quite put my finger on precisely why. Up to now I'd just been putting it down to the crappy looking backdrops and the feeling that they didn't match the action scenes that played before/after them, but in reality it's the way the shots themselves are blocked and shot with actors for the most part shot full-body with practically no movement.

It really is a fundamental flaw that runs right thru the prequels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

bonerm wrote: »
    Ever since TPM the 'acting' scenes have always beeing something I always thought felt was 'wrong' but couldn't quite put my finger on precisely why. Up to now I'd just been putting it down to the crappy looking backdrops and the feeling that they didn't match the action scenes that played before/after them, but in reality it's the way the shots themselves are blocked and shot with actors for the most part shot full-body with practically no movement.

Whatever about the scenes, the lines he actors were given were pretty bad, flat and unimaginative,i cringe everytime i hear "my powers have doubled since the last time we met".

Advertisement