Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue chopper out again

Options
  • 02-01-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I hear the chopper out for last 10 mins. That time of year unfortunately. Hopefully, it'll be a positive outcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Has been hovering around salthill for the last 20 mins wonder what is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Has been hovering around salthill for the last 20 mins wonder what is going on??

:rolleyes: Its new years day. Use your imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aloofasc

Sirens are going mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

heard the chopper fly over my house seems to have gone towards UHG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

was in the knocknacara area not too long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

soundbyte wrote: »

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

reckon it was just circiling coming into land at the hospital, prob transporting a patient. nothing unusual about that.

Im sure steyr can clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CaptchaS

I dont understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Medivac (Medical Evacuation) from Arann Islands to UCHG. Not sure what the actual incident was, but that doesn't really matter, just good to see that they are there when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

CaptchaS wrote: »
    I dont understand?

I'd imagine that's a reference to the massive increase in suicide in the Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb months.

First thing i thought too.

As an aside, boneyarsebogman has a very informative thread on depression going over on After Hours. I'd recommend ye read it, especially if ye don't immediately think 'suicide' when ye hear the S&R Chopper out at New Years. It will be very informative.

Biko/popebuckfast: would it be out of order to sticky the AH depression thread on this forum for the month of january, or at least a link to it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Free U2 gig in Salthill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

skelliser wrote: »
    reckon it was just circiling coming into land at the hospital, prob transporting a patient. nothing unusual about that.

Im sure steyr can clarify.

I can, it was nothing Galway City related, Rescue 115 was tasked to bring a seriously ill patient from Kilronan in the Aran Islands to Galway Hospital.

The reason he was over the city area was because as she made the initial approach to the Pad at UCHG she broke off left over westside as she had to fight a crosswind so this resulted in him going around and then descending back into the Pad still fighting a crosswind over the Shantalla area.

After departing she took off over the City using the wind to its advantage ( as any Aircraft does ) and then returned to Base at EINN/Shannon Airport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement