Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talks/speakers in UL.

Options
  • 02-01-2011 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

It seem's every week or so I get an invite to a talk in UCC for variouSe speakers despite the fact I don't go there.

What annoys me is I never hear of any up here.It seems that knowledge of said speakers is kept to only those within said society's.There are many talks I'd love to attend,despite not being in the club/society.In other University's/Colleges there doesn't seem to be any withholding of this(Be it through members only or the knowledge of the talks themselves.)With the club/soc organizing the talk for the entire student body etc and not just for themselves.

If anything an events page or announcement of such talks would be quite ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

This is already being worked on as a part of the new online clubs & socs website.

It is a requirement for clubs & socs to advertise their events through An Focal, posters, etc... with there being financial penalties for the next year if they fail to do so. Clubs & socs are required to maintain their own individual websites and should include listings of their events there.

At the moment, if you pre-register for a club/society on http://registercs.ul.ie you can see the timetable of their upcoming events that they have listed on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Really?Thats great too hear.Hopfully things will be up and running soon.

Even if there were a UL events page on facebook or a thread herethat would be handy.

Advertisement