Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misinformation - Weather

Options
  • 02-01-2011 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Not being one to think about the weather much but recently (I.e. over the last year) i've been thing about it more. With all the facts being thrown around about max temps and min temps and levels of such and such being shown......you get the gist....
    I've noticed that the argument seems to be about climate change vs non climate change.

Should it not be a simple argument asking a simple question - Do you think an ever growing number of humans can exist on this little rock? and if not whats the limit?

I'm not asking for a solution here - it's mainly targeted at people that think the number (and actions) of each person have no implications..... ;)

and btw, just for the record - i'd never vote green party - i believe they are a bunch of radicals that don't bring together a measure of both worlds (i.e. the reality of the economics and green agenda)

Please don't bring this to a debate on principles/Political parties though.... i'm look from a perspective point of view and trying to remove the confrontational element.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Weather has changed all the time throughout history.

Records are scarce and may not be accurate, reliable recording is hardly 100 years old.

We are in an ice age: Defined as having either north or south polar ice caps. The world has had periods of no ice.

Ice bores show massive climate change during the human occupation years up to today. Pathology shows we needed the extreme cold to fuse brain tissue and actually make us what we are today.

We have had hundred of millions of years of settled conditions until a series of global extinction events, the most notable series was that Mexican meteor, the super volcano in Yellow Stone and the undersea release of massive quantities of CO2.

History shows a few repeating events, the release of CO2 and Yellowstone being potentially the most worrying. All these events brought massive world changing weather and climate conditions.

Advertisement