Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Creative Digital Media

Options
  • 02-01-2011 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering has anyone done this course or are they doing it now? :)

It's one of the courses I'm considering applying for in the future, so just looking for any thoughts on it. Any use? Highly regarded by employers? Good teachers and classmates?

My main interest is in web design, and I have some experience in it. Is there are heavy web design component?

http://schoolofmedia.dit.ie/digtec_01.html

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hi Dave,

Im currently doing the Digital Games Msc which is shared with this and run as a stream of the course.

If its web design you want to focus on then I wouldnt think this course is for you. I come from a web design background myself but im doing the digital games stream like I said. In semester 1 there was an authoring principles module which is basic html and javascript. Semester 2 has a module on Dynamic web (basic php and sql) and there is a module based on flash authoring. The other subjects in the media stream focus on audio and video in semester 1 and in semester 2 it looks at asset design and motion graphics.

If you already know web design you wont pick up much if anything for that particular area on the course as its not really setup to cater for that. You would be better looking at a course thats more centred around web and graphic design as oppose to media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Axwell wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Im currently doing the Digital Games Msc which is shared with this and run as a stream of the course.

If its web design you want to focus on then I wouldnt think this course is for you. I come from a web design background myself but im doing the digital games stream like I said. In semester 1 there was an authoring principles module which is basic html and javascript. Semester 2 has a module on Dynamic web (basic php and sql) and there is a module based on flash authoring. The other subjects in the media stream focus on audio and video in semester 1 and in semester 2 it looks at asset design and motion graphics.

If you already know web design you wont pick up much if anything for that particular area on the course as its not really setup to cater for that. You would be better looking at a course thats more centred around web and graphic design as oppose to media.

You also need to find a mate like Axwell with an apartment in town so you have somewhere to go after lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Axwell wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Was it tough to get into the Msc in digital games ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just filled in the application form, needed a 2.2 minimum as far as I know in a relevant discipline or possibly enough experience to show you are a suitable candidate. They said there might be interviews but didnt have one in the end.

Advertisement