Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 won't play DVD?

• 02-01-2011 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I was playing my xbox tonight and after playing it I went to watch a movie. I put the dvd in and my screen goes blue (HD Channel is default blue) then goes to a screen with the xbox 360 logo and doesn't do anything else.... Now before someone suggests it's the DVD, It isn't I tried a few DVD's, including one's that were in the plastic until putting them into the drive. At one point I got a error "Secure HDCP Link Not Found" as I go back to the dashboard. Can anyone tell me why it won't play any of my DVD's?
    My xbox is connected to a HD tv via HDMI if that info is need. I don't think it's the TV that is at fault, as I only bought it a week or so ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

i used to have the same problem. That was a problem with the hdmi cable for me. I replaced it and it worked.

Are you sure that your tv is HDCP compliant? I also had the same problem when i connected my 360 to my pc monitor using a hdmi to dvi cable.

From cnet forums:
    HDMI uses a type of DRM (digital rights management) called HDCP; it's supposed to prevent unauthorized transmission/recording of digital (particularly HD) content. Here's how it works:

The Player (in this case your Xbox), has to confirm that the Display (your TV) is HDCP-compliant. The process is called a "handshake". So the Player sends out a message to the TV saying "Hey Display, are you HDCP-compliant?". If the Display returns confirmation in time, then they "shake hands". If the TV doesn't respond quickly enough (the amount of time necessary is determined by the player), the Player will not transmit content properly to the Display; instead it displays a green screen, or blinks on and off every second, etc. I suppose your Xbox is more polite and tells you that the TV is not satisfying its needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Here is the same model TV I have (Don't know anything about HDCP xD)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5296390.htm
    The HDMI Cable I'm using is new, could it still be that?

Advertisement