Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Film Awards: Animation - Nomination Thread

• 02-01-2011 11:24am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Best (American) Animated Film in 2010!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2010
    • This is the final nomination wave. Voting will follow soon!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

id like to nominate Despicable Me 3D, brilliantly made, the 3D in it is brilliant and its funny aswell. Adults enjoy it just as much as kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

toy story 3, only cartoon i watched this year, i really need to rediscover my inner child, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

How to Train your Dragon was head and shoulders above all the others in what was a strong enough year for animated film. Character design wise in brought Chris Sauders style into a comupter animated world really well something I feared would not work. The camera work, texturing, modeling, storytelling, all super strong and unlike alot of the other animated features this year it didn't end with the cliche dance number at the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Toy Story 3
    How to Train Your Dragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Toy Story 3 (should win comfortably!)
    Despicable Me

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Toy Story 3
    How To Train Your Dragon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Toy Story 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Critics be damned I really enjoyed Despicable Me so I'm going for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Megamind
    Toy Story 3

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Toy Story 3
    Megamind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Toy Story 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Toy Story 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Toy Story 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Toy Story 3 (echoe....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

By lack of education I am compliant to give this accolade to Toy Story 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Coraline. Absolutely fantastic story and some genuine chilling moments.
    Toy Story 3. Oh how i was just delighted they didn't make a mess of it. And how i was even more delighted that they produced a truly moving piece of cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

How to train your dragon

Megamind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement