Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beckham

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well at least we might now have a decent free kick taker. Don't think I can take much more of Kaboul****es thunderbolts against the wall/row z/out for a throw efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

SuprSi wrote: »
    Really? Where would you play him, out of curiosity? I can see the logic of it in games like against Everton. Crouch on, give the ball to Beckham on the wing and try to hit Crouch's head, the same thing that happens in the England games. It adds something to the team that we don't have from that flank because of Lennon's poor crossing.
    Id play him on the right, with Park and Valencia gone we are a bit short there, right now we have Nani there and Giggs on the left, Giggs cant play every week, dont want Rooney on the left. Becks can play in the centre too.

Plus he still has great dead ball delivery, Nani cant even do a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Well at least we might now have a decent free kick taker. Don't think I can take much more of Kaboul****es thunderbolts against the wall/row z/out for a throw efforts
    Eh, VDV, Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm totally for Beckham coming to us. I don't see how having one extra (experienced at the highest level) player can not be a good thing! I agree, he is getting old, but he is a legend in England and somebody that most people could only dream of being able to play alongside. I trust Harry's judgement, I didn't think why Gudjohnson would work and that did us wonders. Also, Gallas has proved quite vital.

As someone said above, it must be set in stone for him to score the winner at Utd, and having him vs Milan will be brilliant for us too - they love him there, and I'm hoping he will leave the San Siro a hated man for guiding us through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moyspur

Does Harry have any say in the Beckham deal? And is the South African defender going to be a bit more of Harry's genius transfer dealing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Eh, VDV, Bale?

They're both left footers, we've no one to take them on the left side with Kranjcar and Bentley not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Moyspur wrote: »
    Does Harry have any say in the Beckham deal? And is the South African defender going to be a bit more of Harry's genius transfer dealing?
    I hope you are implying he is a wheeler dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Taken from the sun website
    DAVID Beckham will be paid £900 a minute on his return to the Premier League.

Spurs are so desperate to bring Goldenballs to White Hart Lane they are willing to stump up £640,000 for a two-month loan deal.

But experts believe the club will make three times that on replica shirt sales alone.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp wants to introduce the midfielder, 35, to fans during their FA Cup third round match with Charlton on Sunday. “I think he could be here if what I’m being told on the grapevine is right,” said Redknapp.

Becks is desperate for top-flight football while the MLS league in America takes a break.

And with Spurs the nearest Premier club to his Herts mansion, David is said to favour a move to the north London outfit.

The club’s money crunchers believe he could generate as much as £2million in sales from delighted Spurs fans.

But Harry claimed he wasn’t signing Becks just to make the club money.

He said: “I wouldn’t have him if he hadn’t something to offer.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Looks like he's not gonna sign. Will train but unlikely to sign due to insurance problems.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6646946,00.html

It's been confirmed that he will train with us until February 10th. Good news I should think, hopefully he can teach Aaron Lennon a few things;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

This is what I meant about circus earlier. We're gonna have days of will he won't he, can he can't he?

Meanwhile -the real Tottenham players should be preparing for the biggest 8 weeks of their club careers and their manager should only be putting his attention into this and not sideshows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »

Absolute load of boll*x. So much shi*e in the media about trying to sign a has-been for 8 weeks. Fcuk off Harry and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I have to agree,

It's what I'm afraid of. We were the main Headline on ITV news and they were saying how gutted the supporters will be (like **** we are).

Becks had a medical this morning, apparently there were plenty of journos and photographers waiting for him. He's starting training tomorrow and finishes Feb 10th.

^ AS a player or just the training?

Becks_Dav_415.jpg

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ AS a player or just the training?

Just for training. As of now (afaik) he's not a Spurs player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

SSN seem to think the loan deal to play will go through.

From Sky
    Interesting developments at Tottenham as David Beckham arrives at the club's training ground for the second time today. Maybe he forgot his boots?

Medical maybe?

• Advertisement

He hasn't even signed and it's like a soap opera, jokeshop.

I wouldn't mind it at all. I think Harry and the squad will be happy to have the attention off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He had a full medical today with us.

Harry just on SSN:

"David has just gotta Learn to wrap his foot and around the ball & and put n a few decent crosses and I think he mght make a name for himself" :)

He's gone! A few days late admittedly but I just came across this story;

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8ft3

And on a wholly unrelated note I'm just after finding out Lennon is only 23:eek::eek: I thought he was about 26, seems to have been around for ages now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement