Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick puppy from eating too much

• 02-01-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

morning all

my black cocker spaniel (8 months old) wasn't herlself this morning, harldy moving, quiet and tail not wagging

I went into the kitchen and realised that the bad of food wasnt closed and level dropped significantly

She has been throwing up since, 3 times already. she seems to feel sorry for herself and is not comfortable at all

do u think she will be ok in a while or is it a very serious issue ?

I dont know excatly how much she ate, it's hard to tell but a huge amount. she is after getting sick for the 4th time, the size of one portion she would usually eat ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

It is always hard to tell without seeing the dog, so the advice I'm going to give you is on the cautious side: if it seems she's really eaten an awful lot, and is off form/if she's still vomiting now, i'd at least ring the vet. You might not have to go in, but at least over the phone they can tell you what to look for to see if she's dehydrated etc. There's a chance they might want you to bring her in so that they can lavage her stomach/give laxatives or put her on fluids if neccessary. It's one of those cases where she might just get over it on her own, but then again, I always feel it's better to be safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

hi dvet

thansk for your response, she got sick a 5th time earlier but now she is following me everywhere again, the tail is wagging and she even played so she should be ok. She might not get anything to eat tonight to give her stomach and digestive system a rest.

many thanks for your input. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

falabo wrote: »
    hi dvet

thansk for your response, she got sick a 5th time earlier but now she is following me everywhere again, the tail is wagging and she even played so she should be ok. She might not get anything to eat tonight to give her stomach and digestive system a rest.

many thanks for your input. ;-)

Oh good, sounds like she's over it so! That's a relief :) Bet she'll stay away from that bag of food next time it's left open...for about 5.3 seconds!! :D

Advertisement