Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions

• 02-01-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys im i just got the MAGNET BB here in our house been wondering coz they said that i can get 20-22 MB speed at our house but the only speed i got is more or less 6MB on wireless or wired connection. Im on the 24MB package tho. Heres some speed test ive done. Thanks for the help in advance :)

1093859744.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to check the line stats from the modem. You'll need to know the sync speed anyway, then line attenuation and SNR margin may also be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tembong

how to check for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What could be happening is that the telephone line you are connected to may not be able to support anything higher than a certain amount, in this case, approximately 6mbps. In this case, you could be on a 24mb connection, but the connection will be bottlenecked by the weakest part of the equation - your telephone line. I've sent you a PM which may help you with this. If it turns out that your line is not capable of anything higher than 6, I would highly recommend to change your package with magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tooorbooo

Me and my friends who have magnet broadband in Limerick experiencing random disconnections for the past 2 days, and download speed is about 6mb upload 200kbps, when my package is 10mb, never had any problems before, but now..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

try doing a speed test on http://speedtest.magnet.ie

looks like in that speedtest your testing on the limerick server and that server seems to be causing a lotta trouble for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Sent you a PM mate.

Advertisement