Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton v Spurs 5/1/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Beaten :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Why didn't Palacios start? I missed the first half. Kranjcar was very poor when he came on, he should be playing for his future - whether thats at Spurs or not, he should be trying to get the best possible deal for himself and he didn't look at all interested in helping the team out. If I was a scout I wouldn't bother with him based on that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Why didn't Palacios start? I missed the first half. Kranjcar was very poor when he came on, he should be playing for his future - whether thats at Spurs or not, he should be trying to get the best possible deal for himself and he didn't look at all interested in helping the team out. If I was a scout I wouldn't bother with him based on that

Yea Niko looked very poor. Very very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

:( that is all........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Agree that Kranjkar was poor when he came on, Everton deserved the game no doubt about that. Ah well heads up, rest players in the Cup and lets beat United at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Got what we deserved there,nothing.we were a tired looking team against Fulham and got away with it we looked tired again tonight and got walked all over.a good few players must be rested against Charlton on Sunday if we are to be fresh again to face Man Utd...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea Niko looked very poor. Very very poor.
    Every time he went for a ball he ended up on his arse:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Balls anyway. Didn't see any of the match or read any of the commentary but bloody Coleman again. Can't be arsed with MOTD either for the first time in what feels like months! Ah well, rest some key players on Saturday and get ourselves set for the Utd game, and at least we're still in 4th. Can't believe Chelsea lost to Wolves!

tippspur wrote: »
    Every time he went for a ball he ended up on his arse:rolleyes:

Very true, had the look of a player not match fit or interested. It is a pity because he scored some vital goals for us last season, but now it looks like he wants out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

But sure how can he be match fit, he has played fcuk all football this season, and we dont have a reserve team for him to play in !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Heads up guys. I know it was a bad result but we are still in 4th place above Chelsea and with the cup this weekend it gives some players a chance to recharge the batteries after what has been a good christmas for Spurs

Hatch99 wrote: »
    But sure how can he be match fit, he has played fcuk all football this season, and we dont have a reserve team for him to play in !

My point exactly, he is a player without games and this has to be taken into consideration when looking at his performances. But on the other hand who would we have him in front of in the starting 11? answer is nobody on the teams current form. It was crazy getting rid of the reserve team, never saw the value in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

What a rubbish performance but I was expecting it tbh. A lot of matches in a short period, hopefully we get rest for most this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

It was crazy getting rid of the reserve team, never saw the value in that!

I think the idea was to cut down on playing staff really. Let the good young players go out on loan where they will be playing competitive games every week. The other lads in the squad would (in theory) be all trying hard in training to get in the first team, but unfortunately it isn't working out that way.
    The problem now is the players not in the first team are not match fit and it would be too risky to play them so therefore the lads in the first team now cannot be rested as there is too much at stake. This in turn leads to tiredness, injuries and ultimately defeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hoping we can bounce back from this we have to tough league game coming up but 10 days to rest for key players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

biggest problem was Willy not starting in midfield. JJ and Modric doesn't work, Willy is a more natural partner for Modric. Really thought at ht that it was there for the taking but we never showed 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Agree with yiddo about the half-time position. We had a very good period leading up to the break and that was our big opportunity to get in front, I thought that the biggest problem all night was (ironically) our problems on the wings. Aaron Lennon did little or nothing, Gareth Bale was very quiet before his injury and Niko's problems hae been well documented in previous posts (believe me - none were exaggerating but I do have to agree that the guy cannot be match-fit).

Anyway we need wholesale changes for the cup game and comeback rested for the Man Yoo game. Chins up - it was still a great Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Please please buy a left back that can defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

1st defeat in 11 games - I can accept that

I had a feeleing a defeat was coming.

Not the end of the world though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Shammy wrote: »
    Please please buy a left back that can defend.

The anti-BAE brigade is out again I see..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

Coleman made a fool out of BAE last night. Gomes should have done much much better on both goals.

If ENIC think getting in David Beckham is a higher priority than these 2 positions then I really worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Eh....when did we get rid of the reserves???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I thought we'd be good for at least a point. Shame we couldn't have got a 2nd goal in the first half.

Next PL is a must win now if we are to stay with the pack but I'm sure we'll be mugged of a few points as usual seeing as its Man Uuuu up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any word on Bale's injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

golfball37 wrote: »
    Coleman made a fool out of BAE last night. Gomes should have done much much better on both goals.

If ENIC think getting in David Beckham is a higher priority than these 2 positions then I really worry.

Way bigger problems up the other end of the pitch. We need a couple of strikers asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thought Gomes was certainly at fault for the first goal, he was way over to the left, gave a huge target to Saha, for the second he should really of parried the ball away from goal.
    Dont understand why people are unhappy with BAE, he's been outstanding for us in the past two/three months, this was his first poor game in a while, he's definitely in the top 5 LB's in the PL and I cant think of many better in the world, a better replacement would cost 20m which is something we cant afford on a full back. Striker should definitely be the priorty position in the transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Hatch99 wrote: »
    The anti-BAE brigade is out again I see..
    THFC wrote: »
    Thought Gomes was certainly at fault for the first goal, he was way over to the left, gave a huge target to Saha, for the second he should really of parried the ball away from goal.
    Dont understand why people are unhappy with BAE, he's been outstanding for us in the past two/three months, this was his first poor game in a while, he's definitely in the top 5 LB's in the PL and I cant think of many better in the world, a better replacement would cost 20m which is something we cant afford on a full back. Striker should definitely be the priorty position in the transfer window.

I just cant take to the lad , his defensive mistakes are just too common.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

BBC 5live kept going on about an incident where VdV scored a goal similar to the one Liverpool got earlier in the season vs Sunderland. Matt le Tissier on sky said it should have counted.

MOTD didn't even show the incident !:(

Anyone seen it? Pinaar took a free kick for Everton where he rolled the ball, VDV chipped the keeper from 40 yards and scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Didn't see the game, what's the word on Bale?

Advertisement