Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton v Spurs 5/1/11

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

golfball37 wrote: »
    BBC 5live kept going on about an incident where VdV scored a goal similar to the one Liverpool got earlier in the season vs Sunderland. Matt le Tissier on sky said it should have counted.

MOTD didn't even show the incident !:(

Anyone seen it? Pinaar took a free kick for Everton where he rolled the ball, VDV chipped the keeper from 40 yards and scored.

That one went wide, and it was shown on MOTD!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There was another one. I only saw it briefly on Sky Sports News this morning but it looked like Pienaar passed the ball backwards from a free-kick, VDV got in before it reached any Everton player and lobbed Howard, though for some reason the ref didn't allow it. Don't know why it wasn't covered in MOTD though?!

OHHHHHHH ya! It was a free or offside or something, Howard was racing off his line to take the free and VDV chipped him. He was lucky not to get a yellow card tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I was watching live. My memory is that Piennar stopped the ball and tapped it back towards Howard. VDV got there long before Howard and chipped him. The ref could definitely have given it - we were arguing that he should - but if it happened to Spurs at the Lane, I would be doing my nut.....

As for BAE last night, he was very poor but he wasn't the only one. I wasn't a fan but he has turned me around this season. I think that he has played very well in general. Also he surely needs a break - has he missed any game. With the way that Bale has played in midfield we don't really have a back-up for BAE now. Finally while he seemed to be missing for the winning goal, Jenas was the one that was tracking back with Coleman and then let him go when he got to the edge of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Lads I honestly think BAE had a brilliant game last night, not including the goal for Coleman. He intercepted god knows how many passes and predicted Colemans runs all night long, until that very one that ended in it being a goal - I'll have to watch it again tbh.... But his tackling and intercepting were top class throughout the entire game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Benny wasn;t at his best last night but then again few if any were. Makes me laugh when people slag BAE off and yet ignore Hutton's regular poor defending on the other side Yeah I lhow Hutton's "great" :rolleyes: going forward but he's cluless defensively!

Yeah I have no doubt AC Milan (and the bigger PL clubs) will be showing him (Hutton) up. He has been great for us this season so far and it amazes me how he hasn't been in the spotlight more. Still one of my favourite Spurs players for some reason..

I cringe for him when I think of the Eto'o goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Match Of The Day got some mileage out of slagging off BAE last night. Funnily enough, I can name more Cashley Cole errors in the last three months than BAE ones!! They just don't seem to be highlighted in the same manner on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Only getting around to watching the highlights now from Football First. IMO jenas was at fault for both goals....Ball watching for both.

1st....you can see him look at Saha and not move in to cover the thru ball which would have been so easy!

2nd... you can, again, see him look at Coleman see's Saha then put it on his left to shoot so jenas stops tracking him and who get's in for the rebound unmarked???

I'm not sure about JJ anymore tbh.... I don't think he ever does enough to really deserve his place and then again neither does Wilson! maybe time to shake up the midfield...Modric is always a starter obviously but who comes in with him? Why not give Sandro a decent chance? is he injured?? Really missing big Tom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

When is Thudd back from injury? We are really missing him at the moment. I thought Jenas had a great start to the season but maybe he is just fatigued, I don't know... I still think Wilson should have started the Everton match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement