Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Aston Villa match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The ref does appear to be a little card happy all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

matrim wrote: »
    no way was that a peno. malouda didn't even attempt to get the ball just backed into collins
    get the ufck up terry :mad:

The posts are just getting worse and worse in here!

It was stone wall penalty, he was all over malouda, he did go down theatrically, but it was 100% a foul!

And as much as Terry is a numpty at times, he is not a player for lying down if he isn't hurt / in pain, it was a sore one, heskey caught him after terry released the ball!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

now thats a lot of yellow cards picked up will be interesting to see if we can avoid a red in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

n fairness clark, petrov and gabby deserve their yellows. the others have been soft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

J. Marston wrote: »
    More than half the Villa team booked in 44 minutes?
    Cop the fùck on, ref.

To be fair, he has been consistent with his carding. The problem is that he set the bar too low early doors. It's a key mistake that referees make every so often. Put yourself in the corner by getting the wrong side of the line on an early foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How the **** is Essien not booked there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

and again no booking for Essien.

I don't particularily want Essien to be booked, but the inconsitency again from PL referees is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Haha this ref is a joke :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Essien needs to wake the hell up

Woeful performance from us again. So disjointed, can't string 3 passes together. How does Ferriera continue to be picked? Bos must be seriously out of favour with Ancelotti.

• Advertisement

Essien is looking flat footed and unexplosive. Maybe he'll never be quite the same player again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Have to agree re inconsistent bookings Essien in particular I thought he had been booked for the penalty and when I saw the last foul I thought he could of been off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Villa have had 7 fouls, 6 of them being yellows:confused:

Have to agree re inconsistent bookings Essien in particular I thought he had been booked for the penalty and when I saw the last foul I thought he could of been off

That's the only one really though? I can't think of any other obvious cards that weren't awarded relative to the cards handed out so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

on the upside, we went a goal up first, not happening too often lately.
    on the downside, we conceeded yet again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Essien is looking flat footed and unexplosive. Maybe he'll never be quite the same player again. :(

I'm sure he will, just not as quick as expected. Has played a lot of footall since coming back from a long term injury and we just don't have the squad to rest him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just took evens for there to be a red card.

Essien needs to wake the hell up

Woeful performance from us again. So disjointed, can't string 3 passes together. How does Ferriera continue to be picked? Bos must be seriously out of favour with Ancelotti.

Hope he's on at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

one of villas better performances this season soft penaltys given away by both teams though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I have to say Villa look up for this game much more than they have in a while. We're actually looking like a team rather than headless chickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The posts are just getting worse and worse in here!

It was stone wall penalty, he was all over malouda, he did go down theatrically, but it was 100% a foul!

And as much as Terry is a numpty at times, he is not a player for lying down if he isn't hurt / in pain, it was a sore one, heskey caught him after terry released the ball!

In a week where we've seen players pulled down in the box by defenders and others have their shirt pulled over their head and no Penalty awarded it's soft to award one against Collins for that, he really just attacked the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Iago wrote: »
    Essien doesn't get a yellow for the penalty but villa have picked up 6 yellow cards for nothing challenges, the mind boggles.

ref has lost it big time imo
    fullstop wrote: »
    How the **** is Essien not booked there :confused:
    Iago wrote: »
    and again no booking for Essien.

I don't particularily want Essien to be booked, but the inconsitency again from PL referees is shocking.

Couldn't agree more - I hope the ref's super is watching.

Cowardly stuff.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's the only one really though? I can't think of any other obvious cards that weren't awarded relative to the cards handed out so far...
    Ferreira has given away a good few fouls so i'm surprised he hasn't been booked either, I also think if they are going to give a yellow to collins and Friedel he probably should of given one to Terry for giving out to him

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Yet again - Anelka not at the races. Essien not good. Sturridge and McEachran on now please Carlo.

matrim wrote: »
    I have to say Villa look up for this game much more than they have in a while. We're actually looking like a team rather than headless chickens

well its pretty much our full strength team that played most of last season together so time to rest the kids

The Muppet wrote: »
    In a week where we've seen players pulled down in the box by defenders and others have their shirt pulled over their head and no Penalty awarded it's soft to award one for against Collins for that, he really just attacked the ball.

Attacked the ball and the player, he hooked his arm around his neck! It was a foul, all day long! IMO it wasn't soft, the referee made the right call...

No-one would disagree with ya though that referee's are getting too inconsistent (i mean across the board as in referee's decisions differ wildly for similar situations), in fact i was going to start a thread about this yesterday here, but then though about all the abuse i'd be receive for being an abu so decided against it :pac:

anyways back on topic, com-on-te-fook chelsea!

Ahhh he's still on the pitch :(

kilburn wrote: »
    one of villas better performances this season soft penaltys given away by both teams though

How was Villa's penalty in any way harsh?

Crazy stuff.

Chelsea have another gear that they havent accessed for months, hoping they dont do so in the second half cos atm despite the yellows ive hope atm and i had none after the last game

If i had a sniper rifle now, i'd make sure i wouldn't miss that useless fecker :eek:

The mind boggles.....why is he on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yessss

• Advertisement

DON'T MESS WITH THE HESK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Nice header DJ Spoony!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Booyah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Yessush! UTV

Great goal:D

FML :(

**** off :(.shocking defending AGAIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

G'wan Heskey!

Just the 27 fouls without a booking for Essien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The sooner alex is back the better for chelsea fans, defence is crap without him.

• Advertisement

anyone have a non sopcaast (picture wont show) stream thats reliable, in Taiwan and struggling to get a good un atm

edit: Wooooooo replay

That Ref - wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

If chelsea dont win this I cant see them playing CL football next year

iMuse wrote: »
    The sooner alex is back the better for chelsea fans, defence is crap without him.

Ivanovic > Alex imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:D G'wan the 10/1 shot!

Now just to hold on for 40 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bollocks. Missed the goal as I was watching the end of the Rangers/Celtic game. Any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Soby wrote: »
    Ivanovic > Alex imo

Both of them > Bruma and ferreira

noodler wrote: »
    How was Villa's penalty in any way harsh?

Crazy stuff.

since when does the word soft mean harsh, bad defending gave away both penos but villa are very much the better side

since when does the word soft mean harsh, bad defending gave away both penos but villa are very much the better side

Apologies.

I thought you meant it was not a stonewaller.

My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ah. I see you've been to the Roy Hodgson school of contradictory meanings! :D
    You're right tho. Both were penos. It's the number of yellows where he's getting it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

How are chelsea playing? They are pretty much full strength bar two at the back. I thought they would do this easy Thu. Fair play to villa so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement