Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed Please

Options
  • 02-01-2011 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi All,

Haven't been on here in a while. Happy new year to you all.

OK, this time last year myself and my partner were having a really bad time. We were fine, just everything in our life was bad.. it was at this time that we were both in bed one night and started to see what we later found out to be entities... these 'creatures' were flying round the room.. if i put my hand up they would fly over and surround it and i could instantly feel how ice cold my hand became. We saw these everywhere we went...

Now a year on, we both see them alot less... but my partner still sees them more than me. He recently went to a Catholic priest for some guidance. He told him that they are bad entities that have turned their back on God and that they have come to test our faith. He still never told us how we could get rid of them.

Would really like some help on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

A priest actually said that? And he gave no advice? How exactly does he expect you to prove your faith in relation to these entities? Could you ask him to come bless your home?

Can i ask OP do you believe these are what they priest described? Are there particular times that you and your partner see them? After stressful events? When going asleep? Have you ever tried filming them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Hi there,

We see them when we are going to bed. The bedroom is where they gather....

Yes, the priest said that! He spoke of other people who had come to him with similar stories... One guy came to him saying that they used to talk filth into his ear!

The priest we went to was a very old man, worldly wise.. I believe he did know what they were.

I have tried taking photos, with the hope that Id catch an orb or something.... but nothing.

We also tried clearing house with burning sage.... Im a reiki master and also tired house cleansing!

Nothing!

It seems very unfair of the priest to burden your partner with that and make no real effort to ease his suffering.

Is there a reason you can think of as to why your partner is still seeing them more than you? Or a reason why he would feel he isnt as dedicated to his faith as before? Has there been a stressor in your lives,like a death in the family?

to be honest the last year and a half were very hard.... it was just one thing after another......

Oh, the priest did advise us to spray the house with holy water... that if they faded away that they were evil... and if the holy water had no effect then they werent!

No deaths in either family I'm happy to say

The paranormal is very linked in with peoples lives in Ireland. Stress and upset can have such an influence on the body and the senses. I wouldn't argue about the existence of entities that can be evil or not. What i will say it that sometimes it can be easier to find some other 'thing' to be focused on instead of your current worries.

I knew a girl once who always said she was haunted,lots of strange experiences, she went into counselling and it turned out that she was actually haunted by her past(her words). All of the strange experiences stopped after that.

Im not saying that every time someone experiences something strange or paranormal that means they are struggling with their past, but struggling in general does seem to be a common aspect to lots of stories. I would recommend spending time focusing on yourselves and looking after yourselves and the entities may take care of themselves ;)

• Advertisement

You could very well be right to be honest. I have mentioned that to my partner before.. I have tried to come up with reasons like that for my partner. He then just thinks that I'm rubbishing what happens.. I dont know, I would say stress has something to do with it.. Maybe he onlly sees him now as I feel no longer stressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

could you tell us what these creatures look like ?

could you tell us what these creatures look like ?

Well they are small...... and they have evil faces... As they fly past, its as if they jeer or make fun of us! Oh I dont think I'm describing them....

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Troll Alert!!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Ghosts sure, Daemons maybe, Fairies definitely not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

GodlessM wrote: »
    Fairies definitely not!

Not as likely as ghosts or demons?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Hi there,
    I read a book ages ago called 'When Spirits Hold my Hand' by Margaret Brazil, there is a chapter in it called 'The soulless' it sounds quiet similiar to what you are experiencing. In their case they orginally had be messing around with a ouija board (silly to say the least) which had allowed well, evil entities into their home, this evil then fed off all their fears worries anything negative really which helped it manifest. It took a bit of doing but they did eventually get rid of it....
    I would call in someone experienced in all this, perhaps try to contact Margaret or there was a couple called Tony and Siobhan from Dublin who have a lot of experience in house clearance.
    In the meantime call on Archangel Michael to protect you and begin clearing and transmuting this negativity energy, also call upon the Angels of the Violet Flame to clear your home.
    Good luck and God bless!

Grimes wrote: »
    Not as likely as ghosts or demons?

Well ghosts are pretty much projections of the consciousness of one passed on; certainly within the realm of possibility. I am on the fence about anything theological, so I don't rule out such things either. However fairies were greatly derived from ancient wives tales for lack of anything better, so they are much harder to put stock behind.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Well ghosts are pretty much projections of the consciousness of one passed on; certainly within the realm of possibility.

Thats a pretty definitive claim and its equally as possible that spirits have the same origins as fairies, folk tales and superstition. I would argue that it is equally likely to be fairies as it is ghosts due to same level of proof for the existence of both.

Thats a pretty definitive claim and its equally as possible that spirits have the same origins as fairies, folk tales and superstition. I would argue that it is equally likely to be fairies as it is ghosts due to same level of proof for the existence of both.

You are right about how it sounds but rest assured I would not definitively claim anything that has no hard proof; just stating my own view of things. Your view is a good one and I respect it; I just don't see things so black and white. While both are unproven the origins of their alleged existence are quite different as are how the lores of each have developed so I can't see them being equally likely. I just personally find one much more believable than the other. Call me a broken record but I am more likely to believe it if I can find some way I might possibly be able to explain it to myself :)

Alas I digress, as I don't want to derail this thread. To summarise my feeling, I don't believe the OP on this particular matter as it does sound a little too hocus pocus for someone to even think it has happened;no offence intended of course as this is just my own view. Should I ever experience any God-forsaking fairies I'll be the first to come on here and say I was wrong.

I agree GodlessM. The OP seems to be experiencing something more psycological than paranormal in my opinion. At the risk of being fasecious it all does sound a bit theatrical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I agree GodlessM. The OP seems to be experiencing something more psycological than paranormal in my opinion. At the risk of being fasecious it all does sound a bit theatrical.

But two people experiencing the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Kind of disturbing OP to be honest. I certainly don't believe that it's anything paranormal, but rather psychological, and by the sounds of it kind of serious... I'm not saying that lightly in all honesty, I'm a little concerned and don't fancy speculating any further. OP I'd suggest you speak to your GP, if for no other reason than because you've exhausted other avenues and another perspective might be helpful!

As for the partner claiming to see them too -- any chance they're indulging you?

I don't fancy getting too into this tbh

Dave! wrote: »
    Kind of disturbing OP to be honest. I certainly don't believe that it's anything paranormal, but rather psychological, and by the sounds of it kind of serious... I'm not saying that lightly in all honesty, I'm a little concerned and don't fancy speculating any further. OP I'd suggest you speak to your GP, if for no other reason than because you've exhausted other avenues and another perspective might be helpful!

As for the partner claiming to see them too -- any chance they're indulging you?

I don't fancy getting too into this tbh

But the OPs OH is the one seeing them more than OP now,so why indulge.

caseyann wrote: »
    But the OPs OH is the one seeing them more than OP now,so why indulge.
    Dunno, was just speculating

Sorry -- you think 'bad entities' is a more plausible explanation? Fairies? 'Orbs'? Aliens? Spirits?

• Advertisement

Dunno, was just speculating

Sorry -- you think 'bad entities' is a more plausible explanation? Fairies? 'Orbs'? Aliens? Spirits?

I never said that,i just found it odd both seeing same things.

I never said that,i just found it odd both seeing same things.
    Fair enough, sorry for jumping down your throat!

I think it's odd too, but I believe the explanation will be 'of this world'. Clearly the OP has a sincere belief in a paranormal realm, so I suspect that's what's influencing what she's seeing. Her OH seemingly does also. Wouldn't surprise me if they were feeding each other's delusions.

I assume no unbiased third-party can see these things?

Fair enough, sorry for jumping down your throat!

I think it's odd too, but I believe the explanation will be 'of this world'. Clearly the OP has a sincere belief in a paranormal realm, so I suspect that's what's influencing what she's seeing. Her OH seemingly does also. Wouldn't surprise me if they were feeding each other's delusions.

I assume no unbiased third-party can see these things?

It would be interesting to set their minds at rest to have someone who actually works with this kind of stuff come to their house.Or have someone else sleep in their bedroom for few nights see if they see anything or hear anything.But then they to might get weird feelings if they know why they are there,as the power of suggestion is very strong.

Its ok dont worry about it :)

But two people experiencing the same thing?

To be exact one person is claiming they and another person are seeing it. That is not the same as two people seeing it for a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think the most disturbing thing is the advice the priest seems to be handing out

maccored wrote: »
    i think the most disturbing thing is the advice the priest seems to be handing out

Well the only thing surprising about it is that he didn't add a price tag.

Advertisement