Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding Dublin

Options
  • 02-01-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi guys me and a few friends want to sign up somewhere to get horse riding lessons!we are complete beginners and would like to sign up to a course of lessons if possible. Living in kilmainham so does anyone know anyplace nearby that is reasonably priced?
    cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There are a good few places around Co Dublin, I have a horse up in Thornton Park (last in the list) and found them very good teachers.

Ashton Equestrian Centre
    Ashtown,
    Castleknock,
    Dublin 15
    Phone: (01) 8387611

Balcunnin Equestrian Centre,
    Balcunnin,
    Skerries,
    Dublin
    Phone: (01) 8490964

Brooke Lodge Riding Centre,
    Sandra McCracken,
    Burrow Road
    Stepaside,
    Dublin.
    Phone: (01) 2952153

Calliaghstown Riding Centre ,
    The Wicklow Trail Ride,
    Rathcoole,
    County Dublin.
    Tel: (01) 4588322
    www.calliaghstownridingcentre.com/

Carrickmines Eques Centre,
    Glenamuck rd,
    Foxrock,
    Dublin 18
    Phone: (01) 2955990
    http://www.carrickminesequestrian.ie/

Cherry Orchard Equine Centre,
    Cherry Orchard Green,
    Ballyfermot,
    Dublin 10.
    Tel: (01) 6209161 / 086 8238671

Coolmine Equestrian Centre,
    Coolmine
    Saggart,Co. Dublin
    Phone: (01) 4588447
    www.coolmineequestrian.com
    info@coolmineeqestrian.com

Dymphna’s Equestrian Centre,
    Surgalstown,
    Swords,
    Dublin 17
    Phone: (01) 8900710

Fettercairn Youth Horse Project,
    Fettercairn,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24
    Tel: 01) 4627214

Forrest Equestrian Centre,
    Cloghran,
    Dublin 17
    Phone: (01) 8402388

Killegar Stables,
    The Scalp, Enniskerry Village,
    Co.Wicklow
    Tel: +353 1 2860919
    E: killegar@gmail.com
    www.killegarstables.com

Kilronan Riding Centre,
    Cloghran,
    Swords,
    County Dublin City
    Tel: (01) 8403499

Kinsealy Riding School,
    Baskin,
    Kinsealy,
    Dublin 17
    Tel: (01) 8460010

Phoenix Park Stables,
    Scribblestown Cross,
    Castleknock,
    Dublin 15
    Tel: (01) 8687000

Royal Meath Equestrian,
    Rathfarnham Equestrian Centre,
    Killakee Road,
    Rathfarnam,
    Dublin 16
    Tel: (01) 4945415

The Paddocks Riding Centre,
    Woodside Road,
    Sandyford,
    Dublin 18
    Tel: (01) 2954278

Thornton Park Eques Centre,
    The Ward,
    Co. Dublin,
    Tel: (01) 8351164
    http://www.thorntonpark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I would recommend Cool mine Equestrian Center, it's out in Saggart (just by the village) and it's only 20 mins up from you on the N7, it may be further than some other stables but out of all the yards I've been to this is by far my favorite, lovely clean yard, large indoor and outdoor arena's and fields and fields of cross country for when you advance! They've really good instructors there too to help you along, and they really know what they're doing!

here's their site http://www.coolmineequestrian.com/

Also as much as we all hate it, riding isn't too good on the pockets :( Lessons all over the country would be priced between €20-€25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

+1 for Coolmine

btw Callaigstown is a private livery yard and exam centre only, all the school horses have been gone for some years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 denise100200

+1 for Coolmine

btw Callaigstown is a private livery yard and exam centre only, all the school horses have been gone for some years now.

FYI: I just found out Callaighstown re opened as a riding school a couple of months back under the management of Anthony Byrne, who I believe has worked there for years. he is currently building up lessons if anyone is interested. I'm popping over myself on Wednesday to see what they have to offer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I stand corrected :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Hi, does anyone know if/when cherry orchard in ballyfermot does lessons (intermediate adult)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 denise100200

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if/when cherry orchard in ballyfermot does lessons (intermediate adult)?

Hi, haven't been there myself, but a colleagues partner who recently took up riding rides there. From what they've told me it seems to be more aimed toward beginners and the tuition quite basic. I think it runs FAS training programmes too...

If u have transport I can recommend several yards within 30 to 40 mins drive from city centre. PM me if u r interested. Good luck with the lessons! :)

Hi, haven't been there myself, but a colleagues partner who recently took up riding rides there. From what they've told me it seems to be more aimed toward beginners and the tuition quite basic. I think it runs FAS training programmes too...

If u have transport I can recommend several yards within 30 to 40 mins drive from city centre. PM me if u r interested. Good luck with the lessons! :)

No transport, would have to be getting the bus :(

I'm also looking into Rathfarnham Equestrian Centre. Does anyone know anything about this? Hard to find info online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedvg

Hi I ride in rathfarnham it's a private livery yard but sometimes there is horses u can take on livery but you would need some experience ! I would suggest you try bohernabreena riding school u can find th on Facebook they are very good ! And suit beginner advanced etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I'm also looking into Rathfarnham Equestrian Centre. Does anyone know anything about this? Hard to find info online?

I'm from that area, pm me where abouts you're located and I can advise you on where to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katielocks

The Lizard wrote: »
    hi guys me and a few friends want to sign up somewhere to get horse riding lessons!we are complete beginners and would like to sign up to a course of lessons if possible. Living in kilmainham so does anyone know anyplace nearby that is reasonably priced?
    cheers:)

<snip>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Wow, a new reg, Katielocks with 5 of her 7 posts running down the same place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Please don't drag up old threads just to pimp a particular establishment.

/Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement