Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending email from HTC phone on Meteor

Options
  • 02-01-2011 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all,

I am useless when it comes to this, so any advise will be greatly appreciated!
    I have an htc desire phone and I have a Meteor account that includes a data plan.

I have two email accounts and set up the first (name@dublin.ie) with no trouble what so ever.

However, my second email address is causing me some problems. Basically, its my business address and came with my website, which is hosted by register365.com I can receive emails without problem but cant send so I guess I have the outgoing smpt settings wrong. I have asked Register 365, but they tell me its not their problem, so I asked Meteor and they provided details for "My Meteor" but this doesnt work!

Any tips?

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have a domain registered with Register365.com and use it on a HTC phone with no issues.

What are your settings?

My outgoing settings are
    Login required - checked
    username is email address
    SMTP server is mail.domainname
    Security Type is None
    Server Port - 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Jessica C

Thanks for your help but thats not it - I think you must pay extra for that. Register365 said they can provide me with authenticated smpt details for €10 per month but I already pay so much for the phone contract which includes data so I was hoping there is another way to set it up!
    Thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Jessica > I'm not sure but perhaps Meteor block port 25? Most webhosts provide an alternative smtp port (normally port 26) for customers who cannot connect on port 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Jessica C wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am useless when it comes to this, so any advise will be greatly appreciated!
    I have an htc desire phone and I have a Meteor account that includes a data plan.

I have two email accounts and set up the first (name@dublin.ie) with no trouble what so ever.

However, my second email address is causing me some problems. Basically, its my business address and came with my website, which is hosted by register365.com I can receive emails without problem but cant send so I guess I have the outgoing smpt settings wrong. I have asked Register 365, but they tell me its not their problem, so I asked Meteor and they provided details for "My Meteor" but this doesnt work!

Any tips?

Many thanks!!

If you can send via one then you should be able to send via the other , so you *could* set the SMTP for the second account to be the same as the first one.

Ah you're all so kind to help but nothing is working! I will see if they have an alternate port but its not 26 (Besides, 25 works for my other email!)

And I cant use the working account settings for the other because its dublin.ie mail.

If I can receive emails can I presume my incoming settings are fine, or should I fiddle with those settings too?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't change the incoming mail settings if they're working. I would just speak with your webhost to find out their alternative SMTP port. I checked with two of our webhosting customers who use Meteor broadband dongles and they both use port 26 to check their email because port 25 doesn't always work.

I tried 26, but still not working - maybe its a combination of that plus something else Im doing wrong! Is my "webhost" Meteor or Register365? Thanks, Im really hopeless!

Your webhosting company is Register365. Did you ask them about an alternative port?

If you have access to a wi-fi network you could setup wi-fi on your HTC mobile and try to send an email over wi-fi. That would rule out whether the problem is with Meteor blocking the SMTP connection (providing the wi-fi connection isn't also through Meteor).

Advertisement