Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox LT+ update - now controlers won't sync

• 02-01-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I reflashed my Lite-On with LT+, everything went fine it seems and my xbox reads game discs without problems. However my controlers won't sync, they should have worked as they were already synced but they don't and won't resync. The odd thing is that they will turn on the Xbox.

Another thing to point out is that I don't have my connectivity kit anymore so I used the xbox to power the drive, this one was already banned so I wasn't concerned about the registering the missing drive.

I haven't been able to find anything like my problem online, at least not related to drive flashing. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

red_fox wrote: »
    I reflashed my Lite-On with LT+, everything went fine it seems and my xbox reads game discs without problems. However my controlers won't sync, they should have worked as they were already synced but they don't and won't resync. The odd thing is that they will turn on the Xbox.

Another thing to point out is that I don't have my connectivity kit anymore so I used the xbox to power the drive, this one was already banned so I wasn't concerned about the registering the missing drive.

I haven't been able to find anything like my problem online, at least not related to drive flashing. Any ideas?

Im no expert. But i do know flashing the firmware on the dvd drive ROM (I know its EEROM riginally they were rom. The should have stayed with rom make it harder for people to flash) would not make the controllers not sync. But seen as u used the xbox to power the drive it may have done something. But saying that it is an unusual 1 if it done something cause in the early days i used the xbox to power drives and nothing like that ever happened. All i can think of is u used the controller to turn on the xbox instead of the power button and something happened. Even though it shouldnt. U say u have another xbox take contoller sync pcb off the other xbox and put it on the 1 thats not working and if it works u will have to buy a new pcb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This isn't an issue to do with flashing in my experience, just bad timing. Your RF/Wifi Board could be a bit dodgy, grab one off a friend, swap it and re-sync. If it works you need a new RF board, cheap enough things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I think I may have damaged that pcb as it seems it's located behind the power button which I was using with a screwdriver and may have damaged it (in the end I had to manually remove the drive power cable as the xbox wouldn't power cycle fast enough).

Swapping pcbs would confirm this but the other is a slim and I doubt it's compatiable. I'll have to get a play and charge kit or similar as it should still word wired (and then get a replacement pcb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

pm me if you need one. I've got tons of them and can spare one for free ;)

I'm going to pick up a play and charge kit tomorrow if I can find somewhere open that has them in stock to keep me going in the mean time.

docentore, you're a lifesaver! (assuming I'm right about the problem - but it's the most likely thing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

play and charge kit may be of no use to you.i had the same problem.play and charge kit only charges the controller.the controller still connects wirelessly to the xbox.i'd say go straight for a new RF board.

Hm, I had assumed that it would double as a wired controller, thanks for telling me. It's not worth getting a wired controller either for as long as I'd need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

play and charge kit may be of no use to you.i had the same problem.play and charge kit only charges the controller.the controller still connects wirelessly to the xbox.i'd say go straight for a new RF board.

+1
    Thats the reason they cant be used on a pc only the wired controllers can. (obviously the wireless can with the wireless adaptor) I think i read somewhere not all the wires are connected in the play and charge kit.

Advertisement